Mini Reviews 23 // The Body Shop

shopping the body shop 1 rottenotter rotten otter blog
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil | £7 // I don’t know why it took me so long to discover this little gem but I’m so glad I did. When I was a teenager I used and loved the tea tree range from The Body Shop but this was the one product I never got round to trying although I imagine it would have worked really well for me, no idea why I didn’t try it. I added it to my last order and managed to get it for half price which made it even more affordable. There’s several different ways of using it but most often I reach for it as a spot treatment. I simply use a clean cotton bud to apply it and let it sit overnight although it is clear and could be used under make-up. This is one of the cheapest and fuss free spot treatments I’ve tried and I find it a lot more effective than other products that are at least three times the price. This could also be used with water as a toner or a few drops in hot water as part of a facial. I also like to add a few drops to a bath to ease my itchy skin and the scent itself is really relaxing and helps if you’re suffering with a cold.

The Body Shop Blueberry Body Scrub | £12.50 // I was a bit disappointed when I first tried this body scrub as it had been raved about by others but it just wasn’t as good as I was expecting. It has a pretty unique texture, at least compared to other body scrubs I’ve tried. It’s a gel almost jelly like scrub that when you apply it looks and feels like you’re spreading blueberry jam all over yourself. On wet skin it isn’t very abrasive and I’ve found it works better on dry skin. I tend to apply it and then hop into the shower or bath and wash it away. It’s not the most ideal way of using it but I don’t want to waste a product so will always try and find the best way to use it. I have a tub of the raspberry version but I don’t think I’d buy another one although I do think it’s a limited edition product.

The Body Shop Peach Shower Gel | £4 // You won’t understand how good this smells unless you are able to smell it in person. It smells amazing! The scent reminds me of summer as we always have peaches in the house that time of year. I always stock up on The Body Shop shower gels when I find a good discount code as they last a long time, the scent is always really strong and they don’t dry my skin out. They’re quite expensive when bought full price but I don’t think I ever have, there’s always discount codes floating around. Unfortunately this looks like another limited edition product that isn't available anymore but hopefully TBS bring it back out next year.

The Body Shop Raspberry Shower Gel | £4 // This is another shower gel that just smells absolutely amazing! I can’t rave about these enough and have quite a collection at the moment as I just can’t get enough of them. I also use these as bubble bath when I don’t want to use any of my other more expensive products.

The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Spray | £6 // If  you’re a fan of the Liz Earle foot spritzer like me but fancy something a little cheaper then this is for you. I only tend to reach for this in the summer time or when I'm abroad and it's hot but it's something I'll always have sitting in my beauty stash. As well as doing a very good job at hiding smelly feet, this spray is also really cooling and refreshing and feels a dream to apply. If it's particularly hot then I like to spray it on my ankles and legs to feel even more refreshed. It would be great if it was available in a mini spray bottle so you're able to carry it around in your bag but it's not too difficult to decant a little bit into a different bottle.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Facebook // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. I need that foot spray now! I have also been eyeing the foot soak have you tried that?

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently got the Tea Tree Oil too and it's like my new saviour!

    daisychurchward.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :)

    I personally prefer the Moringa-products from TBS, but I love the vineyard-edition as well .)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Blueberry scrubs sounds like a great idea, but poor executed. Shame.
    Angie x
    www.chocolateandlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these things are on my to try list. Every time I go into the body shop I get overwhelmed by all of the amazing products and forget what I actually wanted to buy.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you've got me wanting those 2 shower gels now, haven't you? :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts