Disappointing Products 002

disappointing products 002 rottenotter rotten otter blog
The Balm Nude'tude Eyeshadow Palette // Since I used my Birchbox points to buy this I think I only used about £5 of my own money so I don't regret buying it as much as I could have. I bought it after Essie raved about it and I don't know what I was thinking. It's almost like I wasn't even looking at the colours as there's only one or two that I've used and actually would wear. The colours don't even seem like they go together, unlike the Naked palettes, and I have to use other shadows from other palettes. It's almost like photos make the palette look better, even the one I took, but in real life it just doesn't work. I also don't like the texture of the shadows, they're incredibly pigmented and buttery but almost too buttery and soft so there's a lot of fall out.

Too Faced Natural Eye Shadow Palette // Another palette I regret buying and one I paid full price for so regret buying it even more! First of all the Nude Beach shade is basically pressed glitter so there's a lot of fall out and glitter but no pigmentation. The three matte shades just seem to disappear when I apply them even though they look pigmented when I swatch them. I should have just stuck with the Naked palettes as the only colour here that I use is Silk Teddy.

Maybelline Colour Tattoos in Immortal Charcoal, Metallic Pomegranate and Eternal Gold // It's not all of the Maybelline Colour Tattoos that I've found disappointing, only these three. I have three others that I use a lot and would repurchase. My problem with these three is that the colours look really nice in the jar, especially the purple, but once applied and blended the colour disappears and all that's left is glitter.

L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash // I was excited to try these when they launched as they're meant to be a dupe for the YLS Glossy Stains. The light purple shade, Eve, looks gorgeous in the packaging but no matter how many layers I apply, it looks like I haven't applied anything. As for the darker purple, Milady, it has a lot better pigmentation but no matter how careful I am when applying, it always looks streaky and splotchy.

China Glaze Nail Polish in Flip Flop Fantasy // This is probably the brightest nail polish that I own, it practically glows in the dark, and before I bought it I was so excited to get it and I imagined wearing it on my toes every day throughout summer. I know neon nail polishes are known for not having the best formula but this one is so bad it's really put me off using it. It's incredibly streaky even after three coats and it doesn't glide smoothly over the nail I don't know if I just got a dud bottle but how mine looks on the nails looks nothing like other swatches even if I use a white polish underneath.

Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat // I bought this without reading any reviews along with the base coat and I really wish I hadn't wasted my money. The base coat I love but this makes my nail polish flake off almost immediately. Not even twenty four hours after applying and there's chips of the polish gone or even whole pieces fall off. . I've only used it two or three times and am tempted to throw it away as I know I just wont use it.

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest  // Twitter // Tumblr //

Comments

  1. Oh I was this close to getting the Nude Tude palette! Thank God I didnt! Now that you have mentioned I can see that very few of the colors are actually "useful" for me. Too bad the Too faced was a let down!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree so much with the colour tatoos, I have metallic pomegranate and it's so glittery and I barley end up with any colour on my lids. So glad you shared these I was considering getting the top coat and too faced palette :) x

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have China Glaze in Flip Flop Fantasy & mine fine, I find it goes on really well & the pigmentation is excellent. That being said I have had a dud bottle of China Glaze polish before & found it really watery & streaky. Maybe you have a dud bottle too? It pisses me off that you have bottles like that in circulation as it's a real put off :(

    Little Babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to try a Too Faced palette so if you feel like getting rid of it I am happy to buy it from you! I also agree on the Balm NudeTude, I only use the right hand side of it as I am not too keen on the left hand side.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to hear a negative side to both palettes, as I was debating whether or not to get both of them for quite some time. I can also definitely can see where are you coming from with L'oreal stains as I have the shade Romy and it also doesn't really show up on my lips.

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually really wanted to try the Balm palette I think it looks amazing!
    It's very generous of you to give it away! I'll drop you an email now :)
    I also didn't get on with the China Glaze though I haven't tried any other shades
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it hasn't been mentioned already, you have the old too faced palette. As of a couple months ago there is a new one, and the problem shadows were switched. I can honestly say it is one of my very favourite palettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so annoying! Keep seeing the new version and just wish I'd waited a couple of months :) xx

      Delete
  8. I've had the nude tube palette for some time now, and I have never used it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to buy the gold colour tattoo but I think I'll spend my money elsewhere x

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've recently found one and only small place in Greece that sells The Balm's products and I've been eyeing the Nude 'Tude palette every time I'm near... I don't think I'll get it in the end... Too bad your offer is UK only! :)

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was really considering the Too Faced palette after Zoella raved about it in one of her latest videos. Such a shame that it doesn't work for you! I think that palettes with colors that don't go together are the worst. :(
    Elina | missblueeyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been years since I tried the Too Faced natural palette from a friend but I remember loving it! I swatched it as Sephora a few months ago and found it very nice. I agree with the inconsistent formula of some Color Tattoo shades. There are some I adore and some I do not like at all xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I hated that the Balm palette so I got rid of it as soon as possible. Not to mention packaging is really cheap.
    Sara | Passing Fancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. See I find most of the natural eye pallette disappointing - but the top three colours I use more than I do anything else, so I guess it has won me in that respect!

    Nicola // pink-confetti.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad I read this, flip flop fantasy is on my wish list but I'm to sure I'll be picking it up now!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a shame about these products, I agree with the pomegranate colour tattoo though, the colour doesn't look anywhere near as pretty once its on!
    x
    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is good to know! I almost bought the nude pallete.

    Ohdearmilk ✧・゜*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts