Beauty Box: Glossybox June 2013

glossybox june 2013 rottenotter rotten otter blog 2 glossybox june 2013 rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
I don't know what to think of June's Glossybox*, there's a good range of products, nothing really targeted to specific skin types/tones which is great but it's just not for me.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Original Serum - I'm pretty sure I've tried this before and hated it. It made my hair sticky and greasy no matter how much or how I applied it. It also did nothing to control the frizz. My mum likes other products from this range so I might pass it onto her to try and see if she gets on better with it than I did.

Figs & Rouge Coco-Rose Lip Balm - I was excited to see a Figs & Rouge lip balm in this box as I love the mint version I have. I was disappointed when I opened it though as it's glittery and quite sticky, not in a good way either, more like a lip gloss.

Helen E Cosmetics Waterproof Protective Lip Liner - This is the one product I know I'm going to use and enjoy. It's a lovely pink with a hint of coral and is actually very creamy for a liner. I'll be trying this all over the lips as well as underneath lip balm.

Monu Professional Skincare Hydrating Moisturiser SPF 15 - I have enough face moisturisers to last me a life time so I'll be passing this onto my mum to try. Also I feel like with spf 15, there isn't really any point in having it in there as I only use spf 50 on my face. I know my mum wont mind this as her skin isn't as fair as mine and she tans quite easily.

Mememe Cosmetics Eye Inspire Mono Eye Shadow - I would have liked a more interesting colour than a matte dark brown as I know I wont really use this. I hardly every use matte shades and much prefer shimmer in an eye shadow. There's also a lot of fall out when you apply it although it does blend out quite nicely.

Lets hope next months Glossybox and this months Birchbox are better!

Comments

  1. I cancelled my box last month and was worried this would make me rethink it, which it hasn't! They're nice enough products but nothing really excites me.

    Katie x | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd actually be really upset if I'd purchased this, as I would only use the eyeshadow at a push. If less rose products were included in boxes, I'd definitely give them a shot but otherwise I'd be throwing money away! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post's like this make me put off getting Glossybox! No-one seems to be impressed with this months at all :/ uh oh!

    Char,
    hellotheresprinkles.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not one of their better boxes I admit. Depending on colour match I guess the matte eyeshadow could be used to fill in eyebrows.

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts