Not Buying Nail Polishes In 2012 ...

... has completely gone out the window. At the start of the year I gave myself a challenge to only buy 10 nail polishes in the year because my collection had grown to an unusable amount. I wanted to use the polishes I already had before buying any new ones. It's now the middle of September and I've definitely bought more than 10, 23 to be exact. That's only around 2.5 per month so far, that's not too bad is it??

My reasoning behind going over my limit is that I've manged to completely finish 5 polishes so far and gave away around 40 unwanted polishes to my cousins in June.

There's still a couple of polishes I'm not sure if I want to keep but apart from that I'm pretty happy with how I've narrowed my collection down. I'm also hoping to use up a few more polishes by the end of the year to cancel out the extra 13 I've bought so far.

Thought I'd share a photo of the ones I've bought.
10 nail polishes

Comments

  1. I too need to join some sort of support group with regards to nail varnish consumption. At least you've got a variety of colours, I seem to gravitate to various shades in the neutral/taupe/grey/black family! Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I definitely don't stick to just one colour group when it comes to polishes! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I want test PiXi nailpolish.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never commit to this challenge! haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I obviously haven't been able to do it haha Think I might give it a go next year and see if I can do any better :) xx

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've bought a single nail polish this year! Although, I don't paint then often. Why don't you take my nail polish allowance and then the extra 13 becomes totally ok? ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha such a good idea!! Definitely doing that :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts