Lush Shopping Evening

The last Thursday of every month the health place, in the building that I work in, holds a shopping evening where they bring in a brand to do a few taster sessions. For the that couple of months the company has been Lush but I’ve always had other things going on so I never went. Last Thursday though they decided to make bath bombs so my mum and I went a long. We also have a lovely bistro in the basement of the building so we went for cake and a drink before hand. I had an amazing slice of tiffin, my go to choice if I ever want a cake from there.
We were told that there had been a bit of a disaster with the bath bomb mix and that I hadn’t set after two hours so instead we were making angels on bare skin which is a cleanser. A simplified version anyway.

To make the cleanser we mixed ground almonds, which when mixed with water creates a lovely almond milk, and kaolin which is a clay mineral. We all had a go mixing it together and then it was time to add the oil, I’m not 100% what was in it as I honestly can’t remember but mainly lavender and camomile oil. When this was thoroughly mixed we rolled it flat using a rolling pin and spread lavender buds all over it which you can see in the photo below. The dough like mixture was then rolled like sushi and we were each given a fair sized amount to take home.

The evening was completely free and we were given a little goodie bag on the way out. There was also lush products to buy, facials and eyebrow tinting and threading. It was a great night and we’re definitely going to go to another one. Hopefully they’ll perfect the bath bomb making so we can do it one time.

Comments

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I'd love to have a go at making some lush products.
    And I keep meaning to give angels on bareskin a try, may just go and pick it up at the weekend :)
    Belle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, thanks for sharing this "recipe" x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I want to make some now lol I wish we had free evenings like that at work, it'd be amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl, i saw you left a comment a year ago about changing your url and your followers not being able to see your posts on their dashboard after you changed your address.
    how did you fix that? i don't know what to do :(

    this is the link of your topic.
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=1435dd04c74a0432&hl=en&search_impression_id=7eebb8751ed4b54f%3A12fb8605ff7&search_source=related_question

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Belle, I really to make a bubble bar :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Joanna, this was the first on I'd been to, definitely going to go again :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Brn, I've left a comment on your blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts