DIY Sunday

Last Sunday I finished some DIY’s I’d been planning for a while so I though I’d share them with you :)

First of all my new denim shorts! I loved my bench jeans, I’ve had them for years but now they’re a bit too short for me and kind of shapeless. My style/taste has definitely changed since I bought these! I couldn’t throw them away though, I think I bought them for £10 along with a pair of black bench jeans for £1.

Photobucket
They originally had the destroyed feel to them but it seemed a bit too perfect so I took to the cheese grater and craft knife to make them a bit more rugged. I really like them as they’re sort of high waisted so will be perfect to pair with crop tops without showing too much skin.

I’ve had this cardi for a bout a year and have only worn it once! It was originally white but just didn’t suit my skin tone, I looked sort of dead in it! I loved the style, it’s really long and baggy = very comfy! I really didn’t want to throw it away so I dyed it a better colour. Navy Blue goes with everything and works for summer and winter.
Photobucket

While I was dyeing the cardi it seemed a waste not to do anything else so I got this t-shirt and turned it into a simple tie-dye.
Photobucket
About two months ago I’d started to shred the back which I’m planning to try and finish now I’ve dyed it. Once again the white t-shirt didn’t really suit me but I love it now!
Photobucket
I’ll show you the finished t-shirt once I’ve done shredding it if you want :)
xoxo

Comments

  1. I've never thought to die something. Great ideas! :) I love DIY posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dye turned out really nice!
    I'd love to see "Outfit of the day"s with all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used an old pair of jeans today and cut them up it took me like two minutes ha. A bit too rushed I'd say, I love the idea of using a cheese grater! I might try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Olivia, I always seem to buy white clothes which really don't suit me so I end up dyeing them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sarah, I'm planning on doing OOTD's soon!! I've wanted to do them for ages but always feel a bit awkward asking someone else to take them for me. I'm buying a nikon camera soon as well as a tripod so expect some soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sophie, I love doing it! So quick and easy and you get some great summer shorts out of it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Fashion Thief, thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts