Blogger Made Me Buy It 001

blogger-made-me-buy-it-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog 1Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel | £28 // Although this cleanser has certainly made its way round the whole blogging and YouTube world over the past couple of years, I first heard Kate talking about it on her blog, Kate La Vie. I remember being a bit sceptical about this cleanser when I first heard people talking about it as the name suggests, I was expecting it to have a gel consistency. Instead it's more of a balm that turns into an oil upon application. Surprisingly I'm still on my first tube but I will be repurchasing when it's empty.

African botanics Marula Balm | £40 // Amelia Liana talked about this balm in one of her videos saying it helped the dry patches around her eyes and at the time I was really struggling with the eczema on my eyes. Although the eczema disappeared before the balm arrived in time, it's still a product I keep at hand for any flare ups. It's an expensive balm but a tiny amount goes a long way and there's hardly a dent in it.

Bumble And Bumble Surf Infusion | £21.50 // This is the newest discovery and the thanks goes to Anna who wrote a post about it on her blog Vivianna Does Makeup when it was first released last summer. It's become an every staple that I use to enhance the natural curl in my hair as well as adding shine.

Nourish Argan Skin Rescue | £21 // Another shout out goes to Kate for introducing me to the brand Nourish and in particular the Argan Skin Rescue she first wrote about here. This has been my go to product when my skin is acting up as it's incredibly moisturising. It's filling in the gap for now and I'm resisting spending £125 on May Lindstrom's Blue Cocoon. Instead a small amount of this has been soothing my irritated skin.

Sebastian Professional Potion 9 | £25 // I always like the products Meg (Lipssofacto) recommends but this is one of my favourites. This is almost like a conditioner and styling cream hybrid that enhances my curls especially if I go to sleep with my hair still wet. When dry, my hair is left styled but feeling like there's no product in it. Plus I love the scent!

Mac Syrup Lipstick | £15.50 // I can't remember who first wrote or spoke about this Mac lipstick but it's between Lily Pebbples & Estee Lalonde. It quickly became one of my favourites and makes a nice change to a nude as it's more of a my lips but better colour with a hint of berry to it.


Can you remember who recommended some of your favourite products?


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. The Oskia cleanser is one I've always wanted to try, Kate really is enabling me on that one. Syrup looks lovely, it's one I've meant to purchase for what feels like forever! x

    Jodie // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't resist the blue cocoon, it's amazing but you may want to try and eat it....

    Honey Go-Lightly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly bought into the Oskia hype and so glad I did, because the Renaissance cleanser as well as the mask are two of my favourite products.
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Syrup looks very pretty! Must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAC Syrup is one of my favourite lipsticks. It is such a wearable shade! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  6. Syrup is such a cult lipstick from MAC, I can't believe I don't own it yet! It really is such a stunning colour!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Oskia cleanser is such a brilliant product! I love to think about who recommended what sometimes, especially going back years :) xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts