Lush Samples | Part One

lush-samples-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog 1 lush-samples-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog 2
Years ago there was an option when ordering from Lush to add a note to who was going to put together your order and this is where you could request samples. After a revamp of their website they removed this and replaced it with a note for delivery. I took this as the place to say if you wanted it left with a neighbour if you were out or in a safe place. There is also a section for if it is a gift and you want to add a message to the receiver. I had no idea you could request samples in these two boxes so went a good year or two with no samples before I discovered this while having a browse of Instagram. Since discovering this I have requested samples with every order, usually using the gift box option as you can write more. I have received some amazing samples by doing this so thought I'd share in case you're missing out like I was.

I tend to leave it as a surprise as to what I get by just asking for samples but I have requested one or two specifically for my mum and have gotten really generous sizes. If there's anything you really want to try before buying then it's worth asking for a sample! My mum wanted to try Reindeer Rock Soap as she wanted to know how moisturising it was before buying the full size and she probably received a good 1/4 size chunk of the full size soap! Also look at the size of the shampoo bar in the first photo, it's also a quarter of the size you'd buy in the shop and I got it for free.

By being able to try them out before buying the full sizes I'm actually saving myself money as well. There's a few of the soaps I had on my to try list but found them to be a bit drying on my skin when I've tried the samples so they've been taken off my list. Also the dry shampoo, I'm happy I've tried it but it's just a bit too messy for me and I prefer spray versions.

Do you ask for samples from Lush?



Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. I never knew you could ask for samples online, but I usually ask for samples of face masks/moisturisers in store xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I never knew this!! I will definitely be using this in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realise you could request samples when ordering online. I'll definitely be doing this next time. Thanks for the tip! xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk | Check out my Pre-Christmas GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um wow, I think I definitely need to do this. I've been wanting to try the shampoo but the store near me wasn't able to give me one. Love the customer service that Lush online seems to have! This seems a great way to try things out before making the big purchase.

    Cindy | www.cindyhyue.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you could ask for samples full stop!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts