Empties | November 2015

empties-november-2015-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog
Narciso Rodriguez For Her | £39 // I love this perfume and was sad to see it empty. I'm on a mission to use up what I have before buying anything new but I will buy another bottle of this at some point. It makes a nice autumn and winter perfume so I'll probably buy another bottle for next year.

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream | $65 // I really liked this moisturiser when I first started using it, but towards the end of the tub I just wasn't as wowed by it as I was originally. No matter how little I used, my skin was left feeling a bit too greasy for my liking and not in the oh this facial oil is working wonders on my skin way. I made sure I used every last bit of this though as it isn't cheap but I wouldn't buy it again. I want to try the Nourish moisturiser from KS but am a bit concerned I'll feel the same way about it.

Liz Earle Eye Bright | £13.25 // A staple in my skin care routine that I will always repurchase. I used the Garnier Micellar Water a few months ago which really irritated my eyes and my eczema flared up quite badly. I started using this again as it's so soothing on the skin but also works amazingly well as a make-up remover and my skin went back to normal pretty much straight away. I've carried on using it even though my eczema has gone simply because I like it so much. I tend to buy them in lots of three so I know I'll always have a bottle at hand. I still have one and a half bottles left to use before I need to repurchase.

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara | £13 // This is another staple that I always repurchase. Although some may think it's a gimmick, I find the tiny brush so handy to coat my bottom lashes as normal mascara wands just make a mess. This doesn't smudge throughout the day like other mascaras do and I've already started using another one.

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter | £14 // Towards the end of this tub the coconut scent became a bit too much and I was just sick of it. I have a few more body butters to use which have lighter more fruitier scents which I prefer and I don't think I'll be buying the coconut version any time soon.

A-Derma Exomega Cleansing Oil & Soothing Foaming Gel | £10 & £7.50 // I was quite disappointed by both of these as they have such a strong scent which isn't particularly nice and isn't the best thing to use when my eczema is flaring up and that was the whole reason why I bought them. I thought the formulas were ok but nothing special and I think I'll stick with the moisturisers from A-Derma rather than the bath products.

Lush Elixir Bath Melt // I have fallen in love with this bath melt and unfortunately it is not part of the permanent collection from Lush. It was released as a one off from the Kitchen and I am hoping it'll be brought back soon. Luckily I still have another one to use which I am going to cut into two so I can get more uses out of it. The scent is a mix of ginger, cardamom, ylang ylang and rose.

Lush Frozen Bath Bomb | £3.95 // The grapefruit, neroli and rose scent isn't what I think of when I think of Frozen but it's still lovely and I'll be buying another one when I'm next in Lush.

Lush Skydancer Bath Bomb | £3.95 // This is one of the charity products and I always make sure I buy one when Lush release them. Skydancer has been around for a while now so I don't know if it's become a permanent product but I'm not complaining as I love the cinnamon, bergamot, lemon and licorice scent.

Lush Dragons Egg Bath Bomb | £3.50 // This bath bomb looks quite plain from the outside but has a few surprises inside. The scent is lemon, bargamot and jasmine.

Lush Twilight Bath Bomb | £3.50 // This is one of my all time favourites and will keep on buying it until it's no longer available. I love the malt and lavender scent and find it so relaxing.

Lush Phuket Bath Bomb // This was a limited edition product from The Kitchen and no longer available although I do have two more still to use. It has a fruity coconut scent which reminds me of a cocktail.

Lush Yoga Bath Bomb | £3.95 // I was a little bit disappointed with this bath bomb as it smelt nice but wasn't very impressive in the bath. It's plain orange on the outside and I was hoping and expecting there to be lots of different colours in the middle once it starts to fizz away but there just wasn't. I'm glad I've tried it but I won't be rushing out to buy more.

Lush Guardians Of The Forest Bath Bomb | £3.95 // I didn't like the scent of this one when I got it and wasn't sure if I was going to use it or pass it onto my mum. I decided to try it in a cocktail along with a bath melt and bubble bar and once in the water, the scent really changes. I actually loved it and was impressed with how the water looked as the bath bomb fizzed away. I will be buying another one when I'm next in Lush.

Aesop Geranium Leaf Body Scrub | £25 // I got this body scrub in a gift set containing two other Geranium Leaf products. I really loved this body scrub and the only negative thing I can say is that I finished it and am left with half of the shower gel and body butter to go. Not a huge deal as I'll still use them, but I like to use all the same scents together if I can. Ignoring that though this is a great body scrub. The exfoliating particles are pumice and bamboo shoots so it's abrasive enough that it gets rid of dry patches, but doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I also liked that it had a gel like consistency and slightly lathered. Once I rinsed away my skin was left feeling moisturised thanks to the geranium leaf oil as well as mandarin and bergamot oils. I'd buy it again, but since it is pricey for a body scrub I'd either buy it as a treat or ask for it as a present.

Aveda Scalp Remedy Dandruff Solution | £18.70 // I felt like this did nothing to my scalp despite reading others rave about it. You use this spray directly on to your scalp and then massage in and can be used on wet or dry hair. Again I will stick with using another Philip Kingsley product, the Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner.

Phyto Phytoneutre Clarifying Detox Shampoo | £12.50 // I really liked this clarifying shampoo although I did go through it quite quickly so although the price looks like a bargain, it works out more expensive than the Bumble And Bumble Sunday Shampoo I'm currently using. I will buy another tube again though as it made my hair feel great without stripping it. I also loved the mint scent.

Naked Care Neroli And Cotton Seed Gentle Conditioner // This conditioner is one of my favourites and sadly has been discontinued and the brand is no longer. I still have a couple more tubes from when they were £1 each from Boots. Once those are finished I have no idea which conditioner I'll use next. This doesn't irritate my eczema but keeps my hair feeling soft.

Phyto Phytokeratine Ultra-repairing Mask | £24.50 // I liked this hair mask but I can't say it impressed me as much as I was hoping it would. I'm happy I tried it but I much prefer Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and will happily carry on using it.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

Popular Posts