Face Masks | What I'm using 002

face-masks-skin-care-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog 3
Aveda Intensive Hydrating Masque | £28.50 // This is one of my all time favourite face masks and I'm nearly coming towards the end of the tube. It's perfect for those with dry and sensitive skin, which is basically my own. You apply a layer all over the face and leave it on for about ten minutes before rinsing off and your skin is left feeling incredibly soft and moisturised. You can also use this as an over night mask instead of moisturiser. As long as you don't apply too much, you won't have any problem with this rubbing off onto your pillow as it tends to sink in pretty quickly especially if you have dry skin. This is also a great mask to use during a flight as it's clear and no one will be able to tell. Plus as it's so hydrating it will counteract the dryness from flying. I feel like you get a lot product for what you pay so the price doesn't seem to bad. I like that it doesn't have a scent and reminds me of a mask version of hydraluron.

Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Mask | £27 // I use this mask when my skin is feeling congested and like it needs a deep clean. Think your clarifying shampoo but for your face. It's also suited to dry and sensitive skin which not all clay masks are so this is perfect for me. It's thinner than most clay masks which makes applying it easier. I leave it on for 15 minutes after cleansing and then wash it away with a muslin cloth or a Liz Earle Sponge. The scent is a mix of lavender and herbs which makes it relaxing and perfect to use before bed. Once washed off I'm left with fresh feeling and looking skin. Although the tube looks fairly small, it lasted me a long time especially as I only tend to apply these type of masks once a week.

Rodial Dragon's Blood Eye Masks | £39 // You get eight sachets in the box and inside the sachet you get two eye patches that are in the shape of commas. You simply peel off the backings and apply both to the under-eye area on cleansed skin. Leave them on for twenty to thirty minutes before peeling away and massage in any residue left behind. The patches are sort of a gel consistency and sit nicely on the skin without falling off although I don't tend to walk around when I wear them. These eye masks help to keep the eye area hydrated and moisturised and contain Hyaluronic Acid which I know works really well with my skin. Although they are supposed to de-puff the eye area, I can't really comment on this as I don't tend to get puffy eyes on a daily basis unless I'm having a hayfever day. It just feels nice to lie down for a bit and do nothing while the masks work their magic. They are expensive and not an essential part of your skin care routine, but they are a nice treat for a pamper session. I'm also sure there are other cheaper alternatives although these are the first I have tried since getting them in a gift with purchase.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. The hydrating masque sounds lovely - I've been wanting to find something like that and kind of don't know where to start - I'm still used to the idea that masks are thick, clay based things, I think!

    Misia xx
    gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Aesop mask also and I've been meaning to try an eye mask (and also Rodial as a brand) for ages. Might as well kill two birds with one stone lols x
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts