Empties | October 2015

empties-october-2015-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog Weleda Almond Sensitive Skin Soothing Cleansing Lotion | £9.95 // I was a little bit disappointed with this cleanser as I didn't feel like it did too much for my skin. Maybe it's because I love balm cleansers so much these days that the old style cleansing lotions just aren't as good. I do have very sensitive skin so this was nice in that it didn't irritate it, but I think my skin needs, and likes, the added moisture that a balm cleanser gives. For now I'll stick with Oskia's Renaissance Cleansing Gel which I'm currently working my way through. I also have a huge list of cleansers I'd like to try so it's rare for me to repurchase a cleanser.

Weleda Iris Hydrating Mask | £14.95 // I liked this mask, but didn't love it and prefer the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask or Aveda Intensive Hydrating Mask which I have and am trying to use more. It really helped to keep dry patches at bay. I applied it to dry cleansed skin and kept in on for at least ten minutes, longer if I had the time, before removing with a damp muslin cloth or flannel.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair | £70 // Since buying this bottle two years ago it has been reformulated and the price hiked up by £10. Now that I've tried it, used it and been without it for a month without really missing it, I probably wouldn't buy another bottle. I have a mini bottle of the newer version which I can use if I get the urge to use it again, but for now I'll enjoy using Hydraluron.

The Body Shop Coconut Shower Cream | £4 // I really liked this moisturising shower cream when I first started using it, but coming towards the end of it the coconut scent was becoming a bit sickly sweet. This last a really long time and you only needed a tiny amount so this might have been why I was getting fed up of it. Needless to say I won't be repurchasing this particular scent, but I'll always have at least one TBS shower gel in my bathroom cabinet. I'm currently using, and loving, olive and moringa.

The Body Shop Chocomania Shower Cream // This was a limited edition scent and another one I liked when I first started using it and gradually came to pretty much hating it. I think I'll stick with eating chocolate rather than using chocolate scented products.

Weleda Foot Balm | £9.95 // Despite finishing this tube at an alarming rate, I really loved it. It might have been because my feet are so dry that I used more than the normal amount and perhaps if they'd been in better condition it might have lasted longer. Either way I recommend it and will be buying another tube when I finish the other foot creams I have. I'm currently using one from The Body Shop.

Sarah Chapman Overnight Hand Treatment | £35 // If you  read my mini review on this hand oil then you'll know I wasn't a fan and even though I've finished it I still stand by my original thoughts. I hated the scent and found it didn't actually do anything when I used it. I went to bed with dry hands and woke up with dry hands despite this being an oil and an overnight treatment. I won't be buying this again and am sort of put off trying other Sarah Chapman products.

D & H Australia Lime Blossom & Coconut Oil Hand Wash // This was a TKMaxx find and I absolutely loved the lime and coconut scent. I couldn't see another one when I went into TKMaxx the other day, but if I ever find it again I'll make sure I buy a bottle or two. I kept this in the kitchen by the sink and have replaced it with a grapefruit scented hand wash.

Lady Gaga Fame Perfume | £20 // I don't quite know how I feel about this perfume anymore. When it was first released and when I bought the bottle I loved the scent. After a few months of continual wear I sort of fell out of love with it, waited a few months and I started using it again. Although I liked it enough to wear it, I really wanted to try and finish it, I still don't absolutely love it like I did. I know our tastes change over time and some perfumes I loved a few years ago I don't really like anymore, but I was surprised I stopped like this one. I still love the bottle although it doesn't look as good without the black liquid inside. I won't be buying another bottle and instead I'm going to try and use up what I already have.

Lynx Attract For Her | £2 // I feel like I've had this for such a long time and I can't even remember when it was first released or even if it's still available now. I'm not a huge fan of body sprays as they don't last long and when I wear a perfume I want it to last throughout my eight hour shift at work without having to top up. Instead I used this when working out as a refresher. It's a good one to keep in your gym bag and I have something similar from another brand which I am currently using.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. I love writing & reading other peoples empties posts. There is something so satisfying about using up products & figuring out if you liked them enough to repurchase. You have used up quite a few products this month. I haven't tried too many things from Weleda & its a brand I do hear quite good reviews of their products (mostly)
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to try some Sarah Chapman products for a while, but your post makes me a little hesitant.

    Emily xo
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love empties posts! I've been thinking about getting the estee lauder advanced night repair but it's just so expensive! I think I'll hold off on that one...

    Sarah | Sarah's Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weleda Foot Balm looks to be good. Thanks for the reviews. It is really nice to get a feed of how one found it once it has finished. Thanks for sharing!

    www.beautyhome.co.uk - a mobile beauty therapy service

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts