The Repurchases 008

the-repurchases-008-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog
Sachajuan Volume Mousse | £20 // I bought this in the Beauty Bay sale for only £9. I couldn't believe it was so cheap after paying the full £20 for the first bottle. This isn't the perfect hair mousse for me, I'm still looking for it, but for now it's what I like to use to enhance my natural curl. It doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky, but it also doesn't quite have enough hold so my hair tends to go a bit frizzy after a couple of days. If anyone has any recommendations for curl enhancing mousses then let me know in the comments.

Burberry Lip Velvet Lipstick in Military Red | £23 // I can't seem to be able to find this lipstick anywhere online at the moment so I'm glad I bought it when I did. I got a mini version as part of a gift with purchase and I fell in love with it as soon as I tried it. I've struggled with finding a red lipstick that I like and that I think suits me and finally I have found it. I have very pale skin and red hair so I find that the majority of red lipsticks either clash with my hair colour or just do not suit me. Military Red has the tiniest hint of orange to it which is why I think it works for me. Not only do I love the packaging of the full size and the magnetic click is so satisfying, but the formula is great too. It's matte enough to last a really long time, but it doesn't cling to dry patches or dry my lips out even more. I have applied it straight from the bullet with no problem, but if I've got time then I like to use a lip brush first.

First Aid Beauty Instant Repair Oatmeal Mask | £17.50 // This is an essential in my skincare routine as it really helps to keep my eczema in check thanks to the oats. As soon as I was close to finishing my first tube I made an order so I wouldn't be without. It's also a pretty good price for how well it works. FAB have quickly become one of my favourite and go to brands.

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads | £22 // I was wary of using acid toners on my sensitive skin, but I haven't had any reaction to these after finishing the whole of the mini tub. I tend to use them twice a week, usually Sundays and Wednesdays, and I always notice a difference in my skin the next day. The cotton pads are easy to use and great for travel. I'm probably going to keep the empty tub so I can decant them when I need to.

Nourish Argan Skin Rescue | £21 // I first heard about this brand and this particular product on Kate's blog and Nouvelle Daily. Just the words skin rescue had me intrigued. I got the mini bottle when it was on offer on Feel Unique so I was able to try it out first before buying the full size. I personally use this almost like an oil. It's the last step in my routine although on particularly bad winter nights I might need to apply a moisturiser on top. At the moment though it's enough for my skin. It's also really effective when my eczema flares up as it keeps my skin hydrated and also soothes my irritated skin. I do find it takes a while to sink in so I make sure I wash my face early enough in the night that it has time to sink in before I go to bed. I liked it so much I bought the full size!


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. I like to use the Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Shapely Curls Mousse! You have to be careful not to apply too much but it really works for me xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this as I think repurchases say a lot about a product!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not curl enhancing as such, but I find the Percy & Reed volume mousse fab for my wavy/curly hair x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts