Face Masks | What I'm using 001

face-masks-skin-care-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog 5
Oskia Renaissance Mask | £48.50 // This is a mini jar that I got with a gift with purchase a while ago but it's actually quite big so I've managed to properly test it out and have gotten a good few uses from it. It starts off as a peach gel-balm and then once you start rubbing it into your skin it turns into a white cream. You then leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes before rinsing off. The fruit acids loosen the top layers of the skin while the lactic acid stimulates cell regeneration. Since I do have very sensitive skin I only use this as and when I need it although it does say it can be used once or twice a week but no more than twice. After I've used this my skin always feels smoother and dry patches disappear. I love the Renaissance Gel Cleanser so I had a pretty good feeling like I'd like the mask version as well. Nearly £50 is quite a lot for a face mask and I get very similar results from using the First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads so I don't think I'd buy the full size, at least not at the moment.

JorgObé Peel Off Mask* | £22 // I've raved about this face mask several times on the blog so I'll try and keep it brief. It has quite a thick tar like consistency which does it quite hard to apply. Apply an even layer, I find an old foundation brush works best, to your face and then you leave it on for thirty minutes until it's completely dry. The fun then begins and you can start peeling it off! There might be some bits of mask left after you peel it off, especially around the edges, so I just take a damp flannel and buff it away. Since I do have sensitive skin, when applying this I avoid my cheeks and tend to only apply it to my t-zone which gets quite congested. By using this once a week, usually on a Sunday, I've noticed my skin especially my nose and chin look a lot clearer and I have less blackheads. There are some interesting ingredients in this mask such as black kaolin clay to absorb excess sebum, witch hazel, echinacea which prevents infections and dragon’s blood, the sap from the Croton Lechleri tree, which has a cleansing effect and calms stressed and sensitive skin.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask | £17.50 // This is probably my most used and repurchased face mask so far. I just love how soothing it is and the difference it makes to my skin. It's perfect for when my sensitive skin flares up and is feeling irritated. The oat particles also act as a mild exfoliant while you apply the mask similarly to the balance Me Cleanse And Smooth Face Balm. Not only does this help to calm my skin, it also moisturisers dry patches which helps to stop my eczema flaring up. It's fragrance free which I'm finding quite rare when it comes to face masks, at least the ones I have anyway, and it's gentle enough that I can use it several times a week if I feel like my skin needs it. It looks like quite a small tube when you get it but it really does last a long time as you only need a small amount.




Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. I've never heard of JorgObe before, but that peel-off mask sounds lovely - I'll definitely need to give it a try! I have the Boscia Luminizing Face Mask and it's similar where you apply and peel. I have sensitive skin and the Boscia one is really gentle, I haven't had any irritation from it at all. I'm dreaming of that Oskia Renaissance Mask, so many bloggers mention it and I'd love to give it a try, but at that cost I probably won't any time soon. But until then I can only dream!

    Cindy // www.cindyhyue.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts