Mini Reviews 047 // Bobbi Brown // Origins // Indeed Labs

mini reviews bobbi brown origins indeed labs rottenotter rotten otter blog 1 mini reviews bobbi brown origins indeed labs rottenotter rotten otter blog 2 mini reviews bobbi brown origins indeed labs rottenotter rotten otter blog 3
Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face | £29 // Over the years I have shied away from manual exfoliators as I felt like they were too harsh for my sensitive skin and instead started using a muslin cloth and more recently acid toners. I saw this bottle from Bobbi Brown pop up on someone's blog, I cannot for the life of me remember whose, and I thought it looked interesting. By being able to control how much of the exfoliating particles I use means I can control how gentle or abrasive I want or need it to be. You simply mix it with your chosen cleanser and apply it like you would a normal exfoliator. I tend to reach for a cream or balm cleanser when I use this as I find it works best. Either Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish or Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm. It does say on the bottle that you can mix this with water but I don't find this works well. The exfoliating particles are made up of very fine Japanese adzuki bean powder that feels effective but quite gentle on the skin. I don't use this on a regular basis just every now and again when my skin needs it. I love the look of the packaging and how it looks sitting on my bathroom shelf but it's not the most practical. If I'm not being careful or paying attention, then I end up pouring too much out. Now I've tried this I probably wouldn't buy it again and instead look for something more natural as this does contain plastic microbeads.

Origins Make A Difference Plus + Rejuvenating Treatment Lotion | £20 // First of all, I love the smell of this although it probably isn't all natural. This is another one that now I've tried it; I probably wouldn't buy it again. First of all I prefer hydrating toners that I can simply spray onto my face whereas I have to use a cotton pad to apply this one and I find myself using more than I really need to. I'm not using it anymore but I really loved the Make A Difference Skin Rejuvenating Treatment so chances are I'd like this one as well. The thing that I don't particularly like about this is that alcohol is the third ingredient on the list and when you have dry sensitive skin like mine this is something I should try my best to avoid. I'm getting better at looking at ingredient lists of products before getting carried away and making an order but this is one of those that I wish I had looked at as I probably wouldn't have bought it. It has a tendency to dry my skin out if I use it on a daily basis and I can't say I've noticed much of a difference in how my skin looks when I use it.

Indeed Labs Hydraluron | £24.99 // You know you really love a product when you actually miss using it in your routine and notice a change in your skin when you stop using it. I had other products to use up first though so it took me a good year or two to repurchase but I'm so happy I did. Hydraluron is the serum stage in my routine so I apply it after toner and before moisturiser. It has a gel-like texture so I find it sinks into my skin effortlessly and almost disappears into the skin so it feels like I haven't applied anything. When I use it I always find the moisturiser I apply afterwards sinks in better. This serum just seems to agree and work so well with my skin and it doesn't irritate my eczema. It keeps my skin from feeling tight and dry which, therefore, helps to keep my eczema at bay. I like that it's fragrance-free and is in a tube so I can easily control how much product I'm using as well as being more sanitary.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. The Bobbi Brown exfoliator is so interesting, but definitely something that would be fun to try!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm yet to try Hydraluron but this post has made me really want to!

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big manual exfoliator, but what a fabulous idea from Bobbi Brown!
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanna try Hydraluron, I jsut never get around to buying it!

    Leanne

    Fancy read? Check out my latest post How I condensed my Makeup Collection x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts