Mini Reviews 044 // Bumble And Bumble | Mio | Healgel | Sarah Chapman

mini reviews bumble and bumble mio healgel sarah chapman rottenotter rotten otter blog
Bumble And Bumble Brilliantine | £19 // I tend to use Brilliantine when I curl my hair as I find it works better than when my hair is naturally wavy/curly. Unlike some other B&B products I have, this works fine with my long hair and I find it easy to apply and use. It has a cream consistency so I simply run a small amount through my hair, concentrating mainly on the mid-length and ends and avoiding the roots. It helps to separate curls so they look more natural while still looking polished, smooth and shiny. It adds a slight grip to the hair so curls stay longer as well. My curls always look good the next day when I use this as well, but it's also the perfect thing to use on second-day curls to revive them and give that slept in look. Finally, a B&B styling product that I love!

Mio Workout Wonder Invigorating Muscle Motivating Gel | £21 // This is one of my favourite product discoveries and I think I got this mini bottle as part of a Cult Beauty gift with purchase. It’s a spearmint and peppermint cream that almost feels like a gel when you apply it. The mint gives an amazing cooling effect on the skin and it’s perfect to use either before or after a workout and on any aches and pains. I've used it when I've had a sore back and it works really well to soothe and relieve it. It's not an essential everyday product but nice to have it when you need it.

Healgel Intensive | £37.50 // I bought this to use on areas of my skin that are slightly scared thanks to years of scratching my eczema in my sleep as it was designed to be used post-surgery. I've also been using it as a sort of spot treatment for those pesky scars left behind from under the skin spots. It acts as an intensive moisturiser so it works really well to heal spots and prevents scars from forming. I've been using it for a month or two on my eczema scars, mainly on my knuckles and elbows as well as where I got a mole removed. I can tell a difference in the texture of my skin as it looks smoother although it might be a bit too soon to tell. It's a handy multi-purpose product to keep around for accidental curling tong burns (I can't be the only one!) and even to use on sunburn as an intensive treatment. The packaging means you can really control how much product you're using and you can also see how much is left which is always a bonus. It has a gel texture and feels quite cooling when you apply it which makes me think it would be amazing on sunburn.

Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Hand And Nail Treatment | £35 // This hand treatment was raved about my various bloggers and YouTubers so I bought it with some birthday Space NK vouchers last year. The first thing that hit me was the scent and not in a good way. I was expecting a spa-like scent that was relaxing but instead it reminds me of mouldy flowers. A horrible visual but you know when flowers start to get a bit old and you can smell them in the room when you really should have thrown them away days before? Needless to say, I really hate it. While scent isn't the most important thing in products, unless they’re perfume, if they smell so bad that it puts me off using it then it’s not very good especially when a product costs £35. I know scent is personal and everyone whose reviews I've read have all liked the scent, but I was very disappointed. There isn't a Space NK in Liverpool so I wasn't able to smell it first before ordering online otherwise I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I'm not going to take a trip to Manchester just to smell the products every time I want to buy anything from Space NK. Here’s hoping they open a store soon! The scent of this has also put me off wanting to try other Sarah Chapman products as I feel like they might have similar scents.

Now onto the product. I have the say I wasn't blown away by this oil like others have been. It works well but in my opinion it doesn't deserve the hype and praises it gets. I find the cheaper Neutrogena hand cream, which is more like a balm, that I'm using at the moment is just as good if not better. It’s one of those oils that feels like it’s just sitting on top of my skin and not actually sinking in properly. Even though I apply this before bed, I still don’t want greasy hands and it getting on my bedding. Don’t repeat what I did, if you’re interested in this go and see it in person!


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. Gosh I have not used Brilliantine in years ! It is such an awesome product though. I love Bumble! x x x

    Zoe Newlove Beauty Blogger & MUA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heal Gel is such an awesome product. I use on spots, scars, cuts, burns just about anything! I will forever have a bottle of this in my stash.
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts