Project Sample Use Up 031

project-sample-use-up-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog 1
The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter // I was quite disappointed with this body butter from The Body Shop and I normally love them. While I thought the scent was ok, a bit sickly sweet to be used all the time, it was the formula I didn’t get on with. No matter how little I used, it felt incredibly greasy on my skin and like it was just sitting on top of my skin and never actually sunk in. In the end, not wanting to throw a product away, I used it as an overnight foot cream with a pair of socks so it didn’t matter too much that it wasn’t sinking in properly. I think this was a limited edition scent, but I wouldn’t buy it again even if it was still available.

R+Co Gemstone Colour Shampoo & Conditioner | £22 //
I love the design of R+Co products, even the sample sachets look great. I don’t have coloured hair, but this was a nice shampoo and conditioner. I don’t think I’d buy the full size, but I do want to try some of the styling products from R+Co.  

Champneys Spa Indulgence Distant Shores Body Scrub & Bubble Heaven | £10 & £2.50 //
I love the scent of the Distant Shores product but again these two were a little disappointing. The body scrub was ok, but I found I used nearly the entire mini tub in one go which would mean the full size would be used up pretty quickly as well. It also wasn’t very abrasive. The bubble bath, while it smelt nice, didn’t really create many bubbles and it felt more like a shower gel. I’m still happily working my way through the body butter which I would buy the full size of, but I’m going to give these two a miss.

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara | £21 //
I got this mini tube of mascara with a perfume purchase and I’m glad I got to try it. I probably wouldn’t buy the full size, but it worked really well at creating length and definition as well as volume without clumping or looking too over the top for every day. It didn’t give a massive amount of volume to my lashes which I expected given the name as my lashes still looked pretty natural.

Aromatherapy Relax Deep Bath & Shower Oil | £45 // I love these bath and shower oils from Aromatherapy as they smell amazing, create an incredibly moisturising bath and you only need a tiny amount. The Relax Deep scent is vetivert, chamomile and sandalwood and is one of my favourites. I still have quite a few of these mini bottles floating around so I don’t need to buy a full size just yet.

Benefit Porefessional PRO Balm Primer | £24.50 // I’ve lost count of the number of these mini tubes I’ve had and still have, but I’m happy that I haven’t had to buy the full size. I really like how this makes my skin look on its own as well as under makeup but I do have to be careful how I apply it as it can tend to roll up on my skin which I don’t really like. I haven’t tried too many primers so I’m still undecided if I would buy the full size or not.

Margaret Dabbs Intensive Hydrating Foot Lotion | £25 // I loved the lemongrass scent of this foot lotion from Margaret Dabbs, but I didn’t find it particularly moisturising. It would be a good one to use during the day but personally if I’m going to be applying a foot cream, I’m more likely to use a richer cream at night and put on a pair of socks.

Margaret Dabbs Intensive Treatment Foot Oil | £22 // This has the same lemongrass scent as the lotion but since it’s an oil, it definitely felt more moisturising. It sunk in quickly though which I liked. I have a million and one foot creams to finish so I won’t be buying the full size anytime soon although I will keep it in mind for the future.

Origins Make A Difference Plus + Rejuvenating Treatment x 2 | £34.50 // This was one of my favourites a year or two ago and I hadn’t used it for a while. I prefer to use this when my skin is playing up a bit and I have some breakouts as it works a treat at calming my skin down. I’m currently using the moisturiser version so I won’t be buying another tub of the treatment just yet.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

Popular Posts