Mini Reviews 038 // Ojon | Sachajuan | Percy & Reed

mini reviews ojon sachajuan percy and reed rottenotter rotten otter blog
Ojon Revitalizing Mist | £20.50 // I got this for Christmas the year before last and it just sat in my cupboard until I finished the bottle I was using. If I had known just how good it is, I would have started using it immediately. It's a bi-phase leave in conditioner so you have to shake it up before you use it. It has quite a strong slightly masculine scent which I really like and it acts as sort of hair perfume. Just a couple of sprays of this throughout towel dried hair and once my hair has dried naturally it's left feeling softer, less frizzy and a lot more manageable. I don't brush my hair until I am just about to wash it again so I always have to use a leave in conditioner to avoid the dreaded knots that seem to form in my hair out of no where. The only downside to this is that I seem to being using the bottle up very quickly which makes the price even more expensive than it already is.

Sachajuan Leave In Conditioner | £22 // This leave in conditioner on the other hand is a pretty similar price but you get a larger bottle and I find I need less product to get the same results. This doesn't have a strong scent like the Ojon version does so if you prefer something that won't interfere with your perfume then this might be a better choice. This feels very light and weightless, it has a thinner consistency, so a good one for those with fine hair. This isn't going to weigh down your hair so if it's volume you're after this works really well. It isn't as good at fighting frizz like others are but combined with a good curling mousse I don't notice too much of a difference. Since this is so light, you can also spray it into your roots and onto your scalp which really helps with the dryness I get and helps to keep my scalp eczema at bay. It also keeps my hair looking glossy and shiny which is always a bonus.

Sachajuan Ocean Mist | £18 // If you're looking for a salt spray that gives texture and beach curls without feeling crispy or sticky then you need to try this. Not only does the bottle and blue tinted liquid look perfect on display on my dressing table, it works wonders on my hair as well. I have naturally curly and wavy hair but sometimes I just want to use something that will enhance the curls and this is it. I spray it all over towel dried hair and then leave it to dry naturally. If I'm in a rush though this works really well if you use a diffuser attachment on your hair dryer. Keep the heat high but the power low and you'll look like you've just stepped off the beach but without all the unwanted frizz. Unlike some salt sprays, this never seems to dry out my hair especially the ends.

Percy & Reed Volumising Mousse | £12 // I don't often use a mousse for volume, instead I tend to use ones to enhance a curl, so I do think £12 is quite expensive. Percy & Reed recommend working a small amount into your palm and then use a wide tooth comb to distribute the mousse from root to tip. When I use a mousse for volume I use a hair dryer and then follow up with which ever styling tool I fancy. The heat really helps to activate the mousse and I find it a lot more effective this way than if I were to leave my hair to dry naturally. Although I've enjoyed using it, I probably wouldn't buy the full size after I finish this sample.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. I do love a good salt spray, but since my hair is bleached, they always feel horrible and drying. I might have to give this one a go!

    - Elodie x
    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts