Brand Overview // First Aid Beauty

first aid beauty brand over view rottenotter rotten otter blog
Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay | £18 // I have to be honest and say that I did have a bit of buyer's remorse with this cleanser as it's the type that I know I shouldn't really use on my dry skin but I really wanted to try it. It's probably the fact that the colour of this cleanser is red and it's a bit different that drew me to it and most importantly, Estée raved about it. It is a gel cleanser but one that doesn't feel like it's stripping your skin of all it's moisture but it does lather. It sort of looks and feels a bit like I'm applying strawberry sauce onto my face that I used to have when I was a child. I have dry skin so it's not a cleanser I use on a daily basis, instead it's what I reach for when I just feel like my face needs a deep clean and only a gel cleanser will do this. I find this particuarly good at keeping my pores unclogged and blackheads at bay. I still apply this like I do with a balm, I massage it onto dry skin and remove with a flannel or muslin cloth to make sure I take it all off. I also like to use this with my clarisonic as you really don't want to try using a balm. If you have normal or oily skin this could work better for you but for me, I should have ignored the I need to try everything thought and stuck with what I know. Lesson learnt.

Face Cleanser | £14 // This is another cleanser that isn't particularly suited for my skin type but it was included in the FAB Faves To Go Kit. It doesn't have the traditional gel cleanser consistency like the deep cleanser does. Instead it feels creamy and whipped, you'll know what I mean if you've tried this. Again I apply this to dry skin and it sort of feels like it turns into a milk cleanser and doesn't feel foam or lather. It says it's good at removing make-up but I personally prefer to use a micellar water or balm cleanser to completely remove make-up. I feel like this doesn't break down the make-up enough and you'd have to cleanse twice. It doesn't contain synthetic fragrance and feels gentle enough for my sensitive skin. Once removed with a flannel or muslin cloth my skin is left feel clean and soft but doesn't feel tight or dry. This is another one that pairs well with a clarisonic. Plus you really can't beat the prices of FAB products, considering the quality of the products, the prices are pretty cheap.

Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask | £17.50 // Oats are good for treating eczema and I often have oat baths if I have a bad flare up. I guess I could have created my own recipe for a oat face mask but I thought I'd try this one from FAB and avoid all of the hassle. This quickly became one of my favourite face masks and I'm now onto my second tube. If you have irritated skin that goes quite red, regardless if you have eczema or not, then you really need to try this. It looks and feels like you're applying thick porridge onto your face but trust me, once you take it off, your skin will feel amazing. The oat particles also act as a mild exfoliant while you apply the mask similarly to the balance Me Cleanse And Smooth Face Balm. Not only does this help to calm my skin, it also moisturisers dry patches which helps to stop my eczema flaring up. It's fragrance free which I'm finding quite rare when it comes to face masks, at least the ones I have anyway, and it's gentle enough that I can use it several times a week if I feel like my skin needs it. It looks like quite a small tube when you get it but it really does last a long time as you only need a small amount.

Facial Radiance Pads | £20.50 // I have wanted to try an acid toner ever since Liquid Gold became popular but knowing how sensitive my skin is I never took the risk to try one. When Caroline Hirons posted a review of these Facial Radiance Pads saying they are fairly gentle so a good choice for sensitive skins I knew I had to try them. I bought the FAB Faves To Go Kit which includes a smaller tub of the pads along with the Ultra Repair Cream and Face Cleanser, a good way to try all three without buying full sizes. The mini tub contains twenty-eight pads so enough to properly try them out and see if they work well with your skin. Since my skin is sensitive I use these once or twice a week, depending on how my skin looks and is acting. After I've cleansed I swipe a pad all over my face, turn over and repeat and then I follow up with a hydrating toner, at the moment I'm using REN Tonic Moisture Mist. They make my skin feel smoother and more even and helps to reduce spots better than some spot treatments do. I always notice a difference in my skin when I stop using these and I think that's the key to a good product. Skip the blemish pads and stick with these.

Ultra Repair Liquid Recovery | £28 // Think of this as aftershave for your skin, you pour it into your hands and pat it into your skin. It takes a while to learn how much product to use and the best way to apply it, I don't think the packaging particularly helps this and could be changed for the better. A spray bottle or pump might work better. I use this as my hydrating toner part of my skin care routine so after cleansing but before serum and on days I don't use an acid toner. It hydrates the skin as well as retains moisture, reduces redness and keeps skin feeling and looking calmer and less irritated. This is another product that contains oat extracts so it really does help to soothe the skin. It's a unique product and one I haven't really seen from any other brand.

Ultra Repair Cream | £9 // This was the first product I ever tried from FAB and it quickly became one of my favourites. If you want a no fuss cream that is going to keep your skin moisturised without fragrance or anything that is going to further irritate your skin, especially if you have eczema like me, then this is the cream for you. It comes in a variety of sizes but I find the tube the easiest and handiest as I can keep it in my bedside table drawer or take it away with me. I will eventually buy the large tub but I'll always have one of these tubes hanging around.I haven't tried this on my face, I've only used it as a body moisturiser, but I have heard it works pretty well for others. I feel like it would be slightly too heavy for my skin that is dry but can get clogged up quite easily if I use heavy products. This is another one that doesn't contain synthetic fragrance which is one ingredient in skin care I am trying to cut out as much as I can especially when it comes to product that I'm not washing away like moisturisers.

Daily Face Cream | £15 // This isn't in the photograph as I bought it after it was took and I liked the photo. Despite the weather somewhat improving, I'm still struggling with light for taking blog photos. I bought this as I wanted a fuss free moisturiser that simply moisturised my skin. I wanted something fragrance free and wouldn't irritate my eczema. Enter this: the daily face cream. It was a toss up between this and the Ultra Repair Face Moisturiser but this one had a smaller ingredients list which I thought would be better for my sensitive skin. I'll probably try the latter at some point though. Sometimes I need a heavier night moisturiser especially in the winter but this is perfect for during the day and I'm guessing for in the summer when my skin is less dry. The pump locks into place so the minimal packaging, as with all FAB products, is perfect for travel although I do usually need two pumps for my whole face and neck. It sinks into the skin without any effort and again, is fragrance free. Noticing a theme here with FAB? It's a brand I want to try all products from and can't wait for the over night mask to become available in the UK.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. So many of these products sound incredible and I have heard such amazing reviews!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Radiance Pads are on my wishlist! x

    LilyLipstick

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts