Favourites // February 2015

february 2015 beauty favourites rottenotter rotten otter blog
Diptyque Philosykos Perfume | £55 for 50ml or £72 for 100ml // I've rediscovered this perfume after not using it for a couple of months and I've fallen completely in love with it again. I love this worn alone but it also blends well with other perfumes which makes it a bit more versatile.

Method Fig + Rhubarb Hand Soap | £2.49 // Carrying on with the whole fig theme and scent, I discovered a new Method soap and it has quickly become my favourite. It is definitely more fig with a hint of rhubarb and I couldn't be more happier with it. Hand soap is probably one of the more boring beauty products but nice packaging and scent can make it a little more interesting.

OPI The Spy Who Loved Me | £7.95 // Sticking with a Valentines theme, this is the nail polish I have been wearing this month and I really love it. I'm not a huge red nail polish fan, I only have a few in my collection, but I really love the added gold glitter this one has. The gold glitter looks stunning when it catches the light and it sort of gives a hint of orange when out of the sun light.

African Botanics Marula Intense Skin Repair Body Balm | £40 // Last month I made the tough decision to stop using steroid cream altogether and although there have been times I really wanted to use it to calm my eczema, it has been a month since I last used it and I'm pretty proud of myself. What sparked this off was reading Amy-Lou's blog and her stories of going through topical steroid withdrawal. Since my eczema flared up again in 2008 I have been using topical steroid creams to treat my eczema pretty much every day give or take a few. There are weeks when I don't use it but others where I use it several times a day. Using a TSC for seven years really cannot be good for my skin and my body and I didn't want to get to the point where I relied on it and my skin become addicted to it. So far I haven't had too many new eczema flare ups, my hands are still pretty bad but they were already before I stopped using TSC. The only new flare ups I've had are on my arm and crease of my elbow and nothing has stopped the dryness like this balm from African Botanics. It is a very thick balm that takes a while to warm up and melt but it's been a life saver. I'm still not loving the strong floral scent but if the product works then it's something that I can ignore. I'm still looking for a product to soothe itching so if anyone has any recommendations then let me know!

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara | £16.50 // I really like Benefit mascaras so I was excited to try their new release, Roller Lash. I bought a copy of Elle so I could get the mini version and I've been using it ever since. I love how much length this adds to my lashes and paired with a volumising mascara for a night out would create a false lash look without all the effort.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. Another lover of that mascara, it means I really have to get it! ;) Love the look of the nail polish, sounds gorgeous! ;) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand soap may appear boring but I do love discovering new hand soaps, will definitely be on the look out for the fig and rhubarb :)

    www.recalcitrantgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i crave to smell Diptyque Philosykos Perfume again, i may now have to repurchase... mmm yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand how you feel about eczema. As a child I had it all over my body, neck and even around my mouth. I'm struggling with really bad ezcema on my hands now, and don't want to use TSC again so I've been trying Weleda's Hand Food. Of all the hand creams I've tried, I found that this one not only doesn't irritate (unlike scented ones by Caudalie and Nuxe) but also helps to heal. I also noticed a difference when I used a Lush soap bar over my Sukin body gel wash. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I haven't tried Hand Food, I love Skin Food and use that a lot on my hands so can imagine it would work really well as well. I'll have to buy a tube when I next run out of hand cream. Weleda is one of my favourite brands when it comes to using products that are eczema friendly :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts