Thierry Mugler Alien Extraordinaire

thierry mugler alien extraordinaire perfume rottenotter rotten otter blog
Over the past year or so I have gotten into the habit of only using one perfume at a time, with the odd exception for special occasions, until it is empty and then I buy a new one. Or as I'm trying to do now, continuously finish all of my perfumes until I don't have any left and then I'm allowing myself to buy a new bottle. So after finishing Taylor Swift Made Of Starlight I moved onto Alien Extraordinaire by Thierry Mugler.

I like the original Alien perfume but personally I think this latest version is a million times better. Alien is one of those perfumes that you know what it is as soon as you smell it on someone else. While I don't mind this and don't see it as such a bad thing, having someone ask "ooh what perfume are you wearing? It smells gorgeous" always makes me feel good. This is one of those perfumes that gets people asking this question.

Not only do I love and prefer the bottle design, this scent just makes me feel happy. I can forget I'm wearing perfume and then later on in the day I'll just get a whiff of it and I find it such a comforting scent. It still has the deep spicy notes but with a freshness that Alien doesn't have. The notes are neroli, bergamot, cashmeran wood, tiare flower, amber and heliotrope. I had no idea what heliotrope was but it is a purple flower! Surprisingly this fragrance doesn't contain sandalwood which is one the scents I'm most drawn to but I just can't get enough of this scent. I'm already half way through the 90ml bottle. To me, although I'd happily wear it all year round, it is more of a autumn and winter scent.

The scent lasts an incredibly long time both on the skin and on fabric. I can still smell it on clothes days after I've worn them and it's only an eau de toilette. It also comes in a refillable bottle so once it's empty you can take it to a store or buy a refill online to top it up which works out cheaper than buying a brand new bottle.

If you were or weren't a fan of Alien, go to a store and give this a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Facebook // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. Oh I love Alien so I must have a smell of this next time I'm shopping!

    Also absolutely love your image of the bottle - stunning photography.

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts