Mini Reviews 019 // Soap & Glory // Kate Somerville // Weleda // Dr Bronner

mini reviews soap and glory kate somerville weleda dr bronner rottenotter rotten otter blog
Soap And Glory Hand Dream Super Cream | £7 // I was a huge fan of Soap & Glorys Hand Food until I tried Hand Dream Super Cream. The name isn't as good but the cream itself is a lot better. It's thicker and more moisturising but still has the same original Pink scent. The only downside is that I don't think it's available in a mini tube like Hand Food is so it isn't great for keeping in your bag. Instead I like to apply it before bed since it is more moisturising.

Kate Somerville Eczema Therapy Cream | $48 // Eczema Therapy Cream is formulated with Colloidal Oatmeal, similar to the Aveeno moisturisers if you've tried them, which helps to soothe and protect the skin therefore stopping eczema flare ups. I just apply this like you would a normal body moisturiser and then top up throughout the day if my eczema is particularity bad. This is not going to completely get rid of eczema like a steroid or prescription cream would but it does help relieve itchiness and I do notice my eczema flares up less when I use it. Despite having very dry skin, I cannot stand to apply heavy creams but this sinks in very quickly and you can't feel it on the skin. It also doesn't have a scent so doesn't contain fragrance which can irritate eczema. This cream really reminds me of the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream which is a lot cheaper, easier to find in the UK and works in pretty much the same way.

Weleda Lavender Relaxing Bath Milk | £12.95 // There is nothing better than a lavender scented bath product when you just want to relax and read a book in the bath. You pour a bit of the bath milk into running water and it emulsifies leaving the water smelling amazing but also incredibly moisturising. Weleda products are some of my favourites and this is definitely one of them. Everything from the simple packaging to the quality of the products, I haven't been disappointed with a single product yet.

Dr Bronners Peppermint Liquid Soap | £5.49 // This is what I've been using to wash my make-up brushes with but I've also used it as a shower gel, you could probably use it to wash your hair as well. When using it as a shower gel I make sure I use a shower lily as it's very watery so it makes it easier to lather up. The peppermint scent is really refreshing and although unusual to use as a brush cleaner, it just works so well. A little goes a long way which makes the great price even better. It's available in a lot of other scents so if you don't like peppermint they'll definitely be at least one scent you'll like. Personally I like them all!


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Facebook // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. The Hand Dream Cream sounds so, so amazing! Soap & Glory can do no wrong.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hand cream does sound amazing! I'm such a big fan of hand food, I'm sure I'd love it!

    I've used the peppermint soap before but have never thought of using it to wash my brushes - maybe I should!

    - Elodie x
    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts