September 2014 Beauty

september 2014 beauty favourites rottenotter rotten otter blog
Taylor Swift Taylor Perfume | £19.55-£34 // This has been my perfume of choice this month and I think it might be my favourite out of the three perfumes by Taylor Swift. I ordered it when it was released without smelling it first but luckily I really liked it. I like the simple bottle but I did throw away the pearl band that was around the lid as it looked a bit cheap. I'll be writing a post all about it soon so I wont talk about it too much.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment | £25 // I seem to use this constantly one month and then for some reason completely forget about it the next. Needless to say this month I've been using it a lot and I'm sad to see that there's only a tiny amount left. Luckily I have a mini tube to use after this one is finished. It's an expensive lip balm and hard to find in the UK unless you order it over the phone but it is the best lip balm I've ever tried. It smells great, the packaging is amazing and the balm itself will hydrate the lips for a really long time. I tend to keep it on my bedside table and use it just as I'm going to sleep.

African Botanics Marula Intense Skin Repair Body Balm | £40 // I don't know if it's been the change in weather, going from an Indian summer to being absolutely freezing the next day, but my skin has been a lot drier this month which always means my eczema flares up. I needed something incredibly moisturising so reached for the Marula balm which I haven't used in a while. It's a solid balm so does need warming up in your hands before using it but it just works so well at moisturising my skin. A little goes a long way and especially nice to use as an overnight treatment on my hands where my eczema is the worst at the moment. I'm still not really liking the floral scent and do cringe about how expensive it is when I'm applying it but it just works.

Bells Vapour Rub | £1 // The majority of September has been spent feeling quite ill. It was just a nasty cold but it really made me feel run down and I lost my voice which is not good when working on reception, sneezing and blowing my nose a lot as well as coughing and not being able to breathe properly. The worst thing was trying to get to sleep at night but with the help of applying Bells vapour rub to my chest, and a dose of night nurse, I was able to fall asleep a lot better. I also find the menthol/camphor scent really relaxing as well which helped me fall asleep a lot quicker, I wasn't focusing so much on not being able to breathe and more just on the scent. Also this cheaper pot works just as well as Vicks but is only £1! Here's to hoping I won't need to use it again over winter but at least I have it in my cabinet now.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Facebook // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. I've been wanting the Taylor perfume for so long, especially since my name is Taylor! It smells so beautiful.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fresh Sugar Lip has the most amazing packaging, so good and chic! :D

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better, I had a pretty rough month in September too with illnesses :( Here's hoping we have some healthier months ahead! :) I really want to try the Sugar lip balm, I've heard so many good things!

    Kate | themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts