Empties // August 2014

empties 8 14 rottenotter rotten otter blog
Philip Kingsley Exfoliating Scalp Mask // I think this is my second of third tube and I will be buying another one pretty soon. I think they might have brought out a larger size although I get about four or five uses out of this small tube. A little goes a surprisingly long way. If you have a sensitive/eczema prone/dry/itchy scalp then you need to give this a try, it works wonders!

Lush Twilight Shower Gel // So I've finally finished my last bottle of Twilight shower gel! It's a shame you can't buy it all the time but hopefully they'll bring it back again this Christmas and I'll be able to buy another bottle.

Soap & Glory Scrub 'Em And Leave 'Em Body Scrub // I love S&G body scrubs but I wasn't so impressed with this one. I got a bit sick of the scent towards the end of the tub and I didn't like that the scrub particles didn't completely dissolve in the water. At the end of my bath or shower it looked like I'd been on a pink beach and brought all the pink sand home with me in the bath. I wouldn't buy this one again and instead will be sticking with the Sugar Crush Body Scrub.

The Body Shop Fig & Rosemary Shower Gel // This shower gel is a bit different to the standard shower gel as it's extremely watery so a water lily is a must. I would never have thought of putting these two scents together but they work really well.

Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser // I've had this hiding in the back of my cupboard for at least a year if not two and have not used it properly since buying it. It was about time I threw it away! I bought this after everyone raved about it and saying how good it was for sensitive skin. I gave into the hype and was very disappointed in it. I should have read that you can tissue this off as a sign that I wouldn't like it. Any cleanser that says this I haven't liked. I didn't find this cleansed my skin at all and simply splashing water on my face would have done the same job. Needless to say I won't be buying this again.

Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume* // I'm pretty sad to see this bottle empty! I hate throwing pretty packaging away but I'm trying to get in the mind set of only keeping things that have a practical purpose an I don't need to keep everything just because it looks pretty. I'm only letting myself keep two perfume bottles, both different types of MJ Daisy, just because they bring back so many memories. No others are allowed. Onto the scent, it was the perfect summer perfume and I reviewed it in detail last month. I would think about buying it again but I wouldn't rush out tomorrow to repurchase. 

Philip Kingsley No Scent No Colour Shampoo // I really regretted buying the full size of this shampoo without trying a sample first as I think my scalp might have reacted to it. Saying that though I did manage to finish the bottle without having another reaction so it might just have been a coincidence. I love the itchy/flaky scalp shampoo from Philip Kingsley but I wont be buying this one again. I like that it doesn't contain fragrance or colour but it just wasn't that effective for my sensitive eczema prone scalp. 

Too Faced Shadow Insurance // I've wanted to try this for such a long time and after finishing a tube of Urban Decay Primer Potion I ordered this. The packaging is a lot better compared to the old style of UDPP although I'm pretty sure they've changed the packaging now. I thought I'd love this but every time I went to use it the oil in the product had separated. No matter how much I shook the tube it would still happen every time. There's still a bit of product left but I just got so fed up with it so I ordered the Nars eyeshadow base instead. I won't be buying this again.

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara // I only used this mascara a handful of times but I just couldn't get it to work for me. The formula was quite wet which I'm not a fan of and it just made my lashes clump together and look horrible. I even left it a couple of weeks to see if the formula dried out a bit but that didn't make any difference to it.

Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Bath Salts // I don't know if I'd get the almond coconut milk scent again as I found it a little bit sickly. The bath salts themselves though I really liked as they were incredibly moisturising. If these come up in the Space NK sale again this Christmas then I'd buy them without a second thought.

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest  // Twitter // Tumblr //

Comments

  1. It's such a shame that you didn't love the L'Oreal Mascara, I love it! But I'm sure you'll love the Nars primer, it's simply perfect ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Marc Jacobs Honey. I bought the Miss Manga in turquoise which is fine for occasional use but not a big fan of the formula either. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts