Beauty Box // Birchbox August 2014

birchbox august 2014 rottenotter rotten otter blog 2birchbox august 2014 rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
This months Birchbox is holiday themed and although I haven't got a beach get away planned this year I'l still enjoy giving all these a go. This months box was a little disappointing. If I was to build a summer holiday beauty box I would have included a bright neon nail polish, perhaps an SPF or after sun, a cooling mist and a summery scented perfume. Instead I got a leave-in conditioner, a cream eyeshadow, face oil, exfoliator and a cc cream that is way too dark. Perhaps I'm just expecting too much? I don't know!

Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect | £20 // Although not exactly an exciting product, it's a good size for taking away on holiday and something I always use after washing my hair.

Wild About Beauty Creme Eyeshadow | £13 // This is a brand I've never heard of before but the cream eyeshadow itself looks really nice. The packaging looks expensive and it's a lovely bronze shade.

NUDE Progenius Omega Treatment Oil | £58 // This is the stand out product for me as the full size is incredibly expensive to buy without trying it out first. I already have a mini bottle so I know I really like this oil but I will never turn down another sample size as it means I don't have to shell out nearly £60 for a little while longer. This oil works really well if you mix it with your normal moisturiser and it sinks in a little easier.

Vasanti Brightenup! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator | £26 // I don't use manual exfoilators as I have extremely sensitive skin and they all irritate my skin no matter how gently I use them.

Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream | £32 // Sadly this is another product I just wont be using as although it's in the shade light-medium it's still way too dark for my pale skin. Even if you blend it in incredibly well it leaves behind an unnatural orange tint to the skin. It's good that it has SPF35 in it though which is a lot higher than you normally see in beauty products.

The Proposal by Tasmina Perry | £7.99 // Not pictured as it's currently sitting in my work bag and I forgot all about it. This mini book is the first chapter of The Proposal.


Follow me on Bloglovin' // Facebook // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. I'm okay with this box, it's not as good as previous ones but I can't expect amazing things every month. The exfoliator is the scratchiest thing I've ever tried I had to wash it off immediately, but the Nude oil and eyeshadow are really lovely!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts