August Beauty 2014

beauty favourites august 2014 rottenotter rotten otter blog

This month was all about discovering old favourites as despite sharing quite a lot of shopping posts, I actually haven't been buying any new products. I also have no idea how I am already writing this post as it seems like just yesterday I was putting together my July favourites to photograph.

Since finishing the L'Oreal Micellar Water I decided to give the Garnier version a try. Although I am yet to find a micellar water that is better than Bioderma this one is a nice alternative if you want to save a bit of money. It's also a lot easier to buy as it's available in my local supermarket so I can pick it up when I'm doing the food shop.It's pretty much the same as the L'Oreal one but I much prefer the packaging. You also get double the amount of product for pretty much the same price.

Another skin care product I'm been loving this month is the Parsley Seed Mask by Aesop. My skin has been a bit of a pain this month as I've been getting small bumps on my forehead and I can't tell if it's a reaction or just under the skin breakouts. This mask has really been helping though and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

My perfume of choice this month has been Taylor by Taylor Swift. I ordered this online on a total whim without trying it first and luckily I love it. I really like the two Wonderstruck scents so I did think I'd like this one based on the notes but you can never really tell with perfumes. I quite like the bottle design, I prefer it to her other perfumes, but I did take off and throw away the pearls that were around the lid as they looked a bit cheap. The scent itself lasts a really long time and is similar, at least I think it is, to Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy. I have Viva La Juicy in rollerball so I keep it in my bag as a top up for when I'm wearing Taylor. The notes are peony, hydrangea, vanilla, lychee, tangerine, magnolia, sandalwood, apricot, musk and blond woods.

This month was the first time I tried applying the Red Carpet Manicure gel nail polish to my toes and surprisingly it went very well! I have now had it on for about three weeks and I've only had to remove it because of growth, they hadn't started chipping or peeling. I used Red Carpet Reddy to match my hands although I do tend to wear red polish on my toes despite what I'm wearing on my hands. It was a bit tricky put my food under the lamp, it really needs to be just that little bit bigger! It was also a lot quicker to do than I was expecting. It probably took me the same amount of time as it would have if I was using normal nail polish, maybe even quicker as I didn't need to wait for drying time.

My final favourite is the Hemp Foot Protector from The Body Shop. I think this is my second tub and it's just one of the best foot creams I've tried. I've been in sandals nearly everyday for the past two months so I've made a real effort to try and keep my feet moisturised and looking as good as feet can look. The gel nail polish has definitely helped as well! I've never paid full price for this foot cream as there's always discount codes floating around but if you have to pay £10 then it's definitely worth it. I tend to apply it before bed and put on a pair of socks and when I wake up my feet feel incredibly smooth.

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Facebook // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. Lovely photo, I love the sound of the Aesop mask - I've added it to my wish list! x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to try that Aesop mask for ages but I haven't tried it yet! Love a good micellar water, I always end up using the Bioderma one but I also love trying new ones ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katy! Completely agree with you on the Aesop mask and Hemp foot protector! I have repurchased the Hemp one multiple times over the years and its the best one I have tried! In fact their hand cream is a winter saviour for me! I have been instantly in love with the mask ever since I first used it.. its definitely the best out there!

    Divya TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been having lots of bumps on my forehead so I should give that Aesop mask a try. I'm tempted to try the Garnier micellar water but I'm always worried of possible breakouts (sensitive skin struggles)

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally managed to get my hands on the Garnier micellar water, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it! Granted, I haven't tried the Bioderma to compare, but on sale at £3-4, I can't complain! I actually loathe the scent of that T.Swift perfume, heh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts