Beauty Box // Glossybox July 2014*

beauty box july 2014 glossybox rottenotter rotten otter blog 3 beauty box july 2014 glossybox rottenotter rotten otter blog 2 beauty box july 2014 glossybox rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
Absolute New York Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer | $4.99 // If only this was included a month earlier and I could have saved myself £20 and not bought the Nars primer. I'll be saving this for when that one is empty. From a quick swatch on the back of my hand it reminds me of Urban Decay Primer Potion, it's skin toned and has the same texture/consistency.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara | £19.50 // I was incredibly excited when I saw a mini tube of this mascara was included in the box. It's been making its rounds on youtube and blogs and I've only heard good things about it. I've still got a month or two left in my current mascara so I'll have to wait till then to properly test this one out. I have to say I was surprised to see that the packaging is in fact plastic and it just looks like it's a fabric material.

Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd Mineral Lipstick in Mandarina | £20 // I was surprised at the £20 price tag for this lipstick. Bellapierre isn't a brand I know much about but that just seems a little high. It's a nice red-orange shade though.

Colour Club Nail Polish in Glossy Seal | $8 // An unusual shade of blue! I don't think I own anything like it and am sure I'll be sharing a NOTD soon.

Carmex Lip Balm | £2.69 // An old favourite and one I haven't used in a couple of years. The scent of this along brings back so many memories of being a teenager and always having this in my bag or coat pocket.

I was really impressed with this months Glossybox and know I will use everything single product. It always seems to be the way, one month I'll love Glossybox and the next it'll be Birchbox. I really can't pick between them!

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Facebook // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

  1. i've been considering doing a beauty box subscription, but never really knew if it would be worth it. I know you said one month you'll love Birchbox and the next Glossybox, but overall, which tends to be more impressive? I am asking just because I want to make a good choice if I end up subscribing. thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really couldn't say, I've been subscribed to both since they first started and I can't say which one I prefer. I really do like on better one month and then the other the next. I will say that Glossybox seems to have brands I have heard of more often (not necessarily products I've tried, just brands I've heard of) and Brichbox seems to be mainly brands I haven't heard of before if that sways you one way or the other? I'd say try one for a few months and then the other and pick which one you prefer :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not too thrilled with this box, I think it has so much more potential to be amazing. All those American brands we lust over & they didn't really inspire me with this selection. The Tarte Mascara is the best of the bunch.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its great the includes a full size carmex! xx

    BerrieBlogs {beauty and lifestyle blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was SO disappointed by my box. I got a NYX Felt Liner (which we can actually buy here in the UK, in Superdrug) instead of the mascara, I thought the whole idea of this box was to get things not so readily available, Glossybox's are so hit and miss for me!
    Lou Barker xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts