Beauty Box // Birchbox 2014

beauty box july 2014 birchbox rottenotter rotten otter blog 3 beauty box july 2014 birchbox rottenotter rotten otter blog 1 beauty box july 2014 birchbox rottenotter rotten otter blog 2
I have to say this months Birchbox is a little on the disappointing side. I will use everything in this box but I've already tried three of the five products and nothing particularly stands out as being impressive.

Weleda Millet Nourishing Shampoo | £8.95 // This is one of the samples I've already had in a box and although I enjoyed using it, I'm not overly excited to see it being included again.

balance Me Wonder Eye Cream | £20 // This is a favourite of mine but again I've already tried it. I'm nearing the end of my first two and already have a back up this is going to be my third tube. I'm glad to have another extra and it means I wont need to buy an eye cream for a while but the whole point of these beauty boxes for me is to try new things that I wouldn't necessarily have tried in the first place. I know new and different products can't  be included in every single box but it just seems lately everything is being repeated. Probably because I get both Birchbox and Glossybox!

Laqa & Co Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in Menatour | £14.43 // I have another mini lip product from Laqa & Co but this is quite a sheer version although it looks very bright in the tube. These are the perfect size to throw in my bag so I always have a lip product with me.

Gilchrist & Soames English Spa Sea Kelp Extract Mineral Bath | £11.25 // I think this is just a fancy way of saying it's a bubble bath! I'm not particularly fussed on the sent although I'll use it at some point.

Whish Three Wishes Lavender Body Butter | £14.50 // Another product where the scent is a bit disappointing. I love the smell of lavender so was excited about this as I will be able to use it with my Weleda Lavender Bath Milk. To me, this does not smell like lavender. Instead it kind of has a sweet slightly old lady scent despite the description card saying "not your granny's lavender".

Ultradex Oral Spray | £3.65 // I don't know if it's just me but this is kind of an odd one to include in a beauty box. Sort of goes along the same lines as a razor being part of a box which Glossybox did the other month.

Birchbox is £10 + £2.95 P&P per month.

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Facebook // Google+ // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Tumblr.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts