Wishlist Shopping 001

wishlist shopping 002 rottenotter rotten otter blog
Whilst I was on my spending ban there was a lot of new lip product launches which I, somehow, managed to avoid and didn't buy any. I didn't even step foot into Boots during those one hundred days so I wouldn't be tempted to part with my money.

 Once that was over though I decided to treat myself to a few of them along with a repurchase, the L'Oreal Micellar Water. A lot of these were featured in my Wish List post a couple of days ago.  I couldn't walk out of Boots without buying a couple of nail polishes and these two from the Gelly range from Barry M have been at the top of my to buy list. I chose Rose Hip and Sugar Apple, two perfect spring and summer colour.

The Revlon Colourburst Balm Stains have been out for a long time but I'm yet to try them until now. I bought a set of the Clinique Chubby Sticks a Christmas or two ago and I love them but I wanted a nude/pink shade and Honey is just that. I love the mint scent/flavour and how glossy they are. I will definitely be swatching the other shades! A newer release from Revlon was the Matte Balms and I chose the shade Elusive, a medium pink. I was really impressed with the Matte Balms as with the name they sound like they could end up being very dry and chalky but it's quite the opposite. They are matte in the way that there isn't any glitter or shimmer but the formula is very creamy and smooth. Next on my list is to try the Lacquer Balm!

I'm not normally a fan of lip gloss but once I heard the Maybelline Coloursensational Shine Glosses are similar to the Clarins Instant Lip Perfectors I knew I had to look at the colours. On my shopping list was Glorious Grapefruit, a lovely peachy orange with no shimmer. One I didn't expect to buy but fell in love with as soon as a saw it was Gleaming Grenadine, a bright red with pink shimmer. These a glossy but not sticky and really pigmented, especially the red. They also smell nice and fruity too.

Next up on my shopping list was the L'oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick. I could have bought them all as I really couldn't choose between the colours. In the end I went with a nude pink, Rose Melody, and a bright pink, Rose Symphony. I'm still unsure if I like them or not, I think it's because I haven't tested them out properly yet. At the moment I'm liking the lighter pink better as it applies really nicely, the brighter pink can look slightly patchy when I apply it.

Finally on my list of new releases to look at was the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick. Again I found it quite hard to pick only one to try first out of the six shades but ended up going for Peach Club, a peachy orange. I really like how these apply, look on the lips and how long they last. The thing I wasn't expecting, the scent! I can't even pin point what it smells like but I really despise it

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. I need those Barry M nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing products! I'd really want to try the Loreal Liquid Lipsticks :-) / almeidas.se

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my eye on so many BarryM nail polishes but I'm trying to be good & use the polish I have. I have so many colours that sit unloved.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spending bans are so hard to get through! Love all your picks except the matte balsm.. which I have found very drying and just not good enough...

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the Revlon matte balms, I've got four but I really want to get a couple more. Love the look of those Barry M polishes too!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many of the products you have featured in this post are on my wishlist. The Barry M nail polishes are so lovely, perfect for spring! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Revlon stains but I'm not a fan of the minty smell. Reminds me of chewing gum, and then reminds me of bad breath!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts