Skin Care Diary // May 2014

Through out each month I'll be keeping a skin care diary and jotting down what I use on an every day basis. At the end of the month I'll tally up what has been used the most and share the products with you. 
skin care diary products may 2014 rottenotter rotten otter blog
Bioderma Micellar Water // Liz Earle Eye Bright // Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm // balance Me Skin Bright Hydrating Mist // Weleda Calendula Face Cream // Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado // Weleda Skin Food // Fresh Sugar Lip Balm.

The spotlight product from this month is actually two and they're both eye products. At the start of the month I had a really bad reaction to a product I was using on my eyes. I'm not one hundred percent sure what it was that caused it but I'm pretty sure it was Garnier Express 2 In 1 Eye Make-up Remover as this was a new product and one I hadn't used before. Everything else I was using around my eyes was products I've either been using for a while so would have had a reaction sooner or products I've used before and know my skin is fine with. I didn't want to risk another reaction so I completely stopped using it and have since thrown the bottle away, although it will be getting a mention in a future empties post. For weeks I had incredibly sore and irritate skin around my eyes which caused my eczema to flare up and I had horribly dry patches of flaky skin. I tried everything but the two products that made a massive difference to my skin is Liz Earle's Eye Bright, an old favourite, and Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment, a new favourite. I still have a little patch of dry skin on my right eye but I'm pretty sure the eczema has gone away because of these two products. 

What's been your favourite skin product you've used in May? 

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. I definitely need to try that Kiehls eye cream. I've heard such good things!
    Jade x
    www.jadeddaily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiehl's creamy eye treatment is my solid favorite! Emma Hardie balm was so raved about last year .. now a lot of balms have taken over.. still want to try it though!

    My favorite Makeup Brushes Review | TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin care diaries always remind me to focus more on skincare. I tend to be all about it for about two weeks then fall back off the wagon. I like these posts because it's like, "oh yeah! Get back to it!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts