Empties // May 2014

may 2014 empties rottenotter rotten otter blog 3
Modern Apothecary Mint Soap // This was a random TKMaxx find and I bought it purely because it smells so good and would look nice sitting on the sink in the bathroom. I used it as a hand soap but it would have worked nicely as a shower gel. As you can probably guess from the name, the scent was mint and it smelt amazing. It's also a giant bottle so it last a really long time and I think I only paid about £4 for it. Repurchase? I spotted a lavender and sea salt version a few months back in TKMaxx in the clearance section which I bought straight away so no need to buy another bottle.

Ojon Volume Advance Shampoo // I've had this bottle of shampoo for such a long time! I think I got it free along with the conditioner when I bought an Ojon hair oil. This is one of the few shampoos that doesn't irritate the eczema on my scalp. As far as adding volume to my hair, I didn't notice any difference so I wouldn't recommend it for that, only if you have a sensitive scalp. Repurchase? I already have a bottle of Ojons Dry Recovery Shampoo to use up first. It's also pretty expensive so I think I'd only repurchase if it was on offer again and probably wouldn't buy it full price.

Philip Kingsley Itchy/Flaky Scalp Toner // This is another product that I've used several bottles of and I already bought a new bottle before I'd even finished this one. I apply this to towel dried hair in the areas I am most likely to get eczema and it really helps to stop the itching as my hair dries. This is a must have product for anyone with an itchy, dry and eczema prone scalp. Repurchase? Already have!

Dior Instant Cleansing Water // I really enjoyed using this micellar water and it lasted a lot longer than others I've tried. I think this is because it has a pump and I was able to control how much product I was using. This didn't irritate my sensitive eyes and took off every bit of eye make-up. Repurchase? Probably not as it's about £25 when I can buy a bottle of Bioderma for about £10 and it works just as well. 

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir // Oh how sad I am to see this perfume empty! Despite no perfume coming out when spraying it, it took me a while to work out if it was actually empty or not because you can't see the perfume inside. Succulent ripe berry notes and gourmand accents of the classic scent with a touch of honeysuckle and sandalwood. Repurchase? At some point yes but I want to finish some other perfumes first.

Caudalie Divine Body Scrub // I am so sad to see this body scrub empty! I loved everything about it from the packaging to the scent to how well it worked. Yes it's expensive but a nice treat every now and again. Repurchase? At some point I will. 

may 2014 empties rottenotter rotten otter blog 4
Clinique High Impact Mascara // This is one of my all time favourite mascaras and I've repurchased it a couple of times now. It gives length and volume without clumping and still natural enough for everyday use Repurchase? I already have a mini tube so no need to repurchase just yet but I will.

Mor Basil & Grape Hand & Body Wash // This was a TKMaxx find and has the most amazing scent. It's sweet and fruity and I used it as a hand soap. Repurchase? Yes if I can find another bottle again.

Laura Mercier Fresh Fig Shower Gel //
I loved pairing this shower gel with the Fresh Fig Honey Bath and Body Butter. The small tube also lasted a surprisingly long time. Repurchase? No, I wouldn't pay £30 for a shower gel but I would buy it again if it was in a sale.

Laura Mercier Fresh Fig Body Butter //  Another product I'm sad to see empty! I'm not normally a fan of body butters as despite having dry skin, if a cream is too heavy then it irritates my eczema. This was the complete opposite though as it felt light on the skin but was still very moisturising. Repurchase? I would like to but again I don't think I'd pay £27 for it but if it was on sale I would.

Fresh Brown Sugar Body Cream // I never would have thought to try this body cream from Fresh if it hadn't been in a set with the Sugar Lip Treatment. I'm really pleased I've used it though as it applies like a dream and sinks in really quickly. It has a lemon/citrus scent and has gone really well with a lot of the bath products I've been using recently. Repurchase? I don't think I'd buy another tube on it's own as it's not cheap but I wouldn't say no if it was in another gift set.

Lush Slammer Shower Gel // This is one of the retro products form Lush that isn't always available and when it is, it's only online. The scent is a mix of lemon and lime and smells like fruit pastels. Repurchase? If it was still available, yes.



Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts