Sunday Pamper 014

sunday pamper 014 rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
sunday pamper 014 rottenotter rotten otter blog 2
Todays post isn't a typical Sunday Pamper, instead it's more of the products that I've been reaching for a lot over the weekend. I woke up Friday morning with a horribly sore throat which has now turned into a full on cold. I've lost count of how many boxes of tissues I've gone through and I've caught up on a lot of tv thanks to staying in bed all day. I've just finished making a batch of chocolate chip and fudge cookies to try and make myself feel better!

Liz Earle Eye Bright has really helped to soothe my sore eyes and I've been using it as an eye treatment. Simply pour some onto cotton pads, place on your eyes and relax for ten minutes, it really does work! Another product that isn't technically for when you've got a cold is the Origins Sensory Therapy Peace Of Mind. I usually keep this in my bag and pull it out when I'm feeling stressed or panicky but this works wonders if you've got a blocked nose, your heads feeling stuffy and bunged up. It sort of works a bit like vaporub or those inhaler nose stick things. I just put a little bit on my fingers and try and breathe in the scent through my nose.

With this cold, I've had incredibly dry chapped lips, probably the worst I've had all winter, so I've been using the Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm a lot. It's still expensive for a lip balm but a good alternative to the By Terry version. I didn't like the white packaging when I first bought it but it's definitely growing on me.

Since I've been washing my hands a lot they've become very dry and chapped so a thick hand cream has been an essential. You can see how much I've used Weleda Skin Food and will be rushing out to buy another tube when I finish this one. It's a great multi-purpose balm that I use as a hand cream, on my elbows and even on my face when I have extremely dry skin.

The only real pampering I'll be doing this weekend is painting my nails using Orly's Coachella Dweller, the perfect shade for Spring. You can see my post about it here.

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. I hear ya on the cold front - I feel so disgusting :( Get well soon! That nail varnish is such an odd shade, but I really love it. I'll have to see if I can find somewhere that stocks Orly nearby! xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon. I never tried mint colored nail polish. Have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Creme de Rose Lip Balm sounds so lovely but I can't justify the price tag.
    Feel better soon! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon - sounds like a hot lemon and honey is in order!

    The Orly shade is so beautiful and prefect for spring, I'm just about to hop over to your post about it now!

    joy&

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a terible cold during Christmas and my nose was sooo red, the best thing is great lip balm for lips and also for my nose:-) CD is definitelly one of the best...Get well soon!!

    http://ziriane.blogspot.sk/2014/03/diy-silver-necklace-with-rhinestones.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon! x / almeidas.se

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nuxe reve de miel is on my wishlist! I hope you get better soon :)!

    Berrie-Blogs | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts