Shopping The Stash 002

shopping the stash 001 rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
shopping the stash 001 rottenotter rotten otter blog 2 shopping the stash 001 rottenotter rotten otter blog 3
It's been about a year since my last shopping the stash post and with me currently trying to finish a 100 day spending ban it seemed like the perfect post to write. Without being able to buy new beauty products I've been trying to get more use out of what I have and discovering products I may have forgotten about.

I have this Muji drawer set sitting by my mirror so it's really easy to grab all the products in the morning especially if I'm in a rush. A couple of my daily essentials which I was already using include Clinique High Impact Mascara, Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. My lipstick choice at the moment is Mac Creme Cup, a lovely natural pink that I haven't been using enough recently.

A product I completely forgot I had but loved when I first got it is Benefits Eye Bright which is a pink eye liner pencil. I have very pale skin so nude eye liners can look a little bit orange and obvious so defeats the object really. This pink pencil on the other hand looks really natural and my eyes always look brighter when I use it. I use it to line my water line and the inner corners of my eyes.

Despite how much everyone raves about Mac eye shadows, they're probably my least used so I'm going to put away my Naked palettes for now and use this quad. On an everyday basis I just use one colour all over the lid so although all four of these are neutral and pretty similar they're definitely the sort of colours I reach for most. Clockwise; Dazzlelight, Et Tu Bouquet?, Sweet Lust and Bisque.

A recent purchase is the Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curlers which I haven't used as much as I thought I would. Hopefully having these in the top drawer will mean I'll actually get my moneys worth! Another Mac item I've hardly used since buying it is the Paint in bare Canvas. I use this as an eye shadow primer or just on it's own to quickly even out my lid colour. I've had this for such a long time that I'm sort of thinking if I don't use it now and quickly it's probably going to be going off soon.

My first Ole Henriksen purchase and a recommendation for eczema on the lips is the African Red Tea Exfoliating Lip Salvation. This doesn't seem to exfoliate the lips but it's a very nice lip balm and gives a hint of red to the lips. It also smells fruity!  A blush that I want to get more use out of is from Liz Earle in the shade Nectar. This is a lovely pink shade that blends in beautifully and looks natural. I don't know why I haven't used this much as it really is a nice product.

Finally a product that I haven't used, apart from testing on my hand, since it came in the first ever Glossybox is Nars Orgasm Illuminator. This product definitely scares me and I'm not sure how to use it properly. Is it a high lighter or a cream blush? Can you mix it in with your foundation? I'm going to have to do a little bit of testing out and watching some Youtube videos but hopefully I'll find a use for this product.

 Do you need to shop your stash? Or are you good at rotating your product?

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. your mac quad is so pretty - they're such soft, elegant shades! and thanks for sharing your "stash shopping" rediscoveries - i also own benefit's eye bright and completely forgot about it. going to dig out mine and start using it again too :)

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these all sound so interesting! I love shopping my stash, it's always great to rediscover some much-loved products that you'd forgotten about. :)
    xx
    Stephanie | Love, August

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely should do a clear-out and rediscover some of my make up hidden gems!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These products all look gorgeous! I think the Nars product can be used as both blush and highlighter, weird, eh? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the shade Cremecup from Mac, would love to see it in a FOTD soon. You have some lovely products here
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty good with using things up / switching things up... mainly because I don't have that much make up so nothing ever gets lots really :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like it's hard to go wrong with a little bit of MAC. So many of their products are just classic. My makeup collection is still growing so I don't really have enough to "shop my stash" just yet but these posts always remind me not to neglect any products!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these kinds of posts because it reminds me to shop my own stash! I'm always so focused on new products I forget about the tried and true ones I already own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely combination in your MAC palette. Thanks for sharing!

    Beth

    Beth Young Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my your pictures are so gorgeous! I never really used to use Creme Cup but I love it now. I don't own any of those shadows but the one on the top left looks soo pretty. I love 'shopping the stash', every now and again I really do ind some gems that I totally forgot abut!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your MAC palette is gorgeous, lovely colours and some that I've never even heard mentioned before. I can't get on with the Clinique High Impact mascara though - but I really want to try the bottom lash one! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely products mentioned here. Your MAC palette looks beautiful and I haven't heard of some of them before. I'll definitely have to take a look.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts