NOTD: Zoya Blaze

Supplies used... 
Red Carpet Manicure Prep
Red Carpet Manicure Structure Base Coat
Zoya Blaze // two coats
Red Carpet Manicure Brilliance Top Coat

For this weeks manicure I decided to try sandwiching a normal nail polish between the Red Carpet Manicure gel base and top coats .Lets just say, it didn't go to plan! Beforehand I read through Jessica's step by step guide and it seemed simple enough. Apply and cure the gel base coat, apply your chosen nail polish and wait an hour for it to dry then apply the gel top coat and cure it. I did all this, even waited a full hour while watching tv, but even after curing the top coat my nails weren't completely solid and I was able to dent the polish with my nail. I'm not sure where I went wrong or how long the polish will last but we'll see. I'm going to attempt it again next weekend with a different polish and see if that works out better.

Onto the polish itself, Zoya Blaze is from the 2012 Ornate collection. Winter isn't the best time to show off this holographic polish as we haven't had much sun recently but you get the idea of it. The formula reminds me of a jelly polish as the first coat is very thin but it's turn opaque after the second. This polish is also really glossy on it's own without a top coat. You can see my NOTD of Auora from the same collection here.


Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. Oh my, this is stunning. I need to get my hands on it :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful colour! It's a shame it didn't dry properly though with the gel polish too =[
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color looks really great! Love the small glitters :)

    http://anesagill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I need to try out Zoya nail polishes.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty shade! And the gloss is amazing!

    The Beauty Maniac in Tokyo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts