Mini Reviews 012 // Estee Lauder // First Aid Beauty // Priti NYC

mini reviews 010 estee lauder advanced night repair serum first aid beauty instant oatmeal face mask priti nyc soy nail polish remover rottenotter rotten otter blog

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair - This has to be the most expensive skin care product I've bought to date. I bought the 50ml bottle which had a shocking £58 price tag but I did use money I won from my works lottery so I don't feel too bad about it. Just don't get me thinking of buying another bottle once this one runs out. As the name suggests, I use this at night as I prefer something a little lighter in the mornings, for that I use Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum. I'm not someone who worries about anti-aging products but I bought this one because of how many people rave about it. I bought it in the hopes that it would help fade scars from acne and eczema as well hydrate my skin and for it to looks less red and irritated.

I really like how this feels when I apply it and I only need to use a tiny amount. This has done everything I hoped it would and more to my skin and I'm really glad I took the plunge and bought it. It really hydrates the skin and hasn't irritated my sensitive skin and I find it really helps to heal spots and scares they may have left behind. The new version is now called Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II which has a new and improved formula and is meant to be even better. £48 for 30ml or £65 for 50ml.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask - This has quickly become one of my favourite face masks to use when my skin is horribly irritated or stressed. The oatmeal in it is what helps to calm down the skin as well as being very moisturising, it's also perfect for eczema. It has an oatmeal/porridge scent which you'd expect and actually has oats in it which sort of exfoliate the skin as you apply it. I apply it, wait 10 minutes and then rinse it off. As it's quite a lumpy mask I find the best way to remove it is to just wash it off with water, no muslin cloth. Once removed I'm left with visibly calmer skin, especially if it was quite red beforehand and any dry patches have disappeared. I bought it from Beauty Bay for around £15.

Priti NYX Soy Nail Polish Remover - I've never tried a soy nail polish remover before I bought this one, I didn't even know it existed before I saw it on Cult Beauty. In true me fashion I didn't even check the size of the bottle before buying it and only when it arrived did I realise I'd just spent about £16 on a tiny bottle of nail polish remover. I regretted it immediately but there wasn't really anything I could do as it was my own fault so I got on with it and used it.

The ingredients in this nail polish remover are soy ester, corn ester, orange oil and vegetable glycerin. You're probably wondering how few ingredients can remove nail polish and I thought the exact same thing until I tried it and it removed every last trace of nail polish. It doesn't work well on glitter polishes so I save this for cremes. It also leaves an oily residue on your fingers and nails, although feels nice and moisturising thanks to the orange oil, it doesn't work if you want to apply a nail polish on top. Even after a hand wash they can still feel a little greasy so I save this for days when I know I don't want to apply a polish.

Overall although it's a great nail polish remover, with the speed that I seem to go through a bottle, it's just way too expensive. Glad I've tried it though and I'll enjoy finishing the bottle. A smaller bottle, 56ml, is now available from Cult Beauty for £7.50.

Comments

  1. That mask sounds amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want the night repair but it's just so darn expensive I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it!

    http://sweatyourselfbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The First Aid Beauty mask sounds lovely! Oats are so good for soothing in the skin. Definitely something I should look out for.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to give the Estee Lauder ANR a try--especially since I'm in the sun quite a bit and chlorine (from swimming) dries out my skin. As expensive as it is, it sounds like it's probably worth the splurge! Thanks for your mini reviews :)
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  5. The oatmeal mask sounds so interesting, I have a bit of a face mask habit :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts