January Beauty

january beauty rottenotter rotten otter blog
With the new year, a few changes and new found enthusiasm for my blog, I've decided to re-introduce monthly favourites. August last year I decided to stop the monthly favourite as I was struggling to put together the posts and found myself using and talking about the same products. Not wanting to force myself to write them I took a break. I really enjoyed putting together my 2013 favourite posts and looking back on all the products I loved throughout the year. I had gaps though towards the end of the year when I wasn't posting favourites which I was a bit disappointed about and don't want the same thing to happen again this year.

I'd never owned a Juicy Couture perfume before this one and wasn't even sure that I'd like the perfumes. A sample of Viva La Juicy Noir was in a beauty box and I fell in love with it instantly.  The notes are berries, mandarin, mara strawberry, honeysuckle, gardenia petals, jasmine sambac, amber, caramel, vanilla and sandalwood. I have a rollerball of the original Viva La Juicy which I love but the Noir version is even better.

My mascara of choice at the moment is Clinique High Impact and gives me natural looking lashes that are defined and lengthened. I included it in my 2013 favourites and am on my third tube, definitely my most repurchased mascara.

Caudalie's Premier Cru The Eye Cream is the most expensive eye cream I've bought at a staggering £50. I would never normally spend that much on an eye cream as it's a step I don't always do in my skin care routine but I completely fell in love with it when I got a tiny tube of it. I used every single drop of the mini tube and really missed using it when it was finished. It was also one of the only products that helped the eczema patches around my eyes. Whilst browsing the Feel Unique sale at Christmas I saw this eye cream and a tube of the face moisturiser for only £40 which I could not resist buying. You only need to use a tiny amount so although expensive, it's going to last me a very long time.

Another expensive and luxurious product, By Terry Baume De Rose. After finishing the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm and not loving it as much as I used to, I just had to try this cult product. It's definitely worth the hype but one you have to look away when handing over your bank card to pay for it. It smells amazing, the packaging is gorgeous and it works a treat.

What's your favourite product at the moment?

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. That By Terry Baume de Rose does sound amazing. I've been loving my Dior Creme de Rose (which is actually quite a bit cheaper!) So I won't be picking up the By Terry offering for a while!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that the Nuxe lipbalm started developing some sandy bits that are not pleasant at all, although the product still works fine. I've had mine for a while so maybe that's the reason. Did this happen to you as well? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice products! Love the bottle of the perfume, it´s gorgeous :)


    http://anesagill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a small pot of the By Terry Baume De Rose - that I haven't touched yet. I don't quite know what I am saving it for. Its like a little tub of luxury that I am scared to use incase I fall in love with it
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many incredible things about the Clinique High Impact mascara. It sounds great and I definitely want to give it a try.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not even sure how I accquired the Clinque High Imapct mascara, but I've been using it for a couple of months and have grown quite fond of it. Find that sometimes I need to run a little harder to remove it but I guess that that is just a testiment to its staying power. Have you found the same thing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts