Beauty Box // Birchbox January 2014

birchbox beauty box february 2014 rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
birchbox beauty box february 2014 rottenotter rotten otter blog 2 birchbox beauty box february 2014 rottenotter rotten otter blog 3
With the start of the year, Birchbox have made a few changes and the most noticeable is how the box comes and the products packaged. I really liked the drawstring bags that used to hold the products as it was a nice change to the shredded paper and meant I could re-use them for a variety of things.They have now started to use tissue paper without the shredded paper so the products are free to role about and aren't sitting nicely when you open the box like they are with Glossybox. Here's to hoping the cheaper packaging means that the products inside the box might be better?!

Philip Kingsley Moisture Balancing Conditioner // If you read my blog regularly then you probably know how much of a fan I am of Philip Kingsley products so I'm always happy to see them in beauty boxes. I haven't tried this conditioner before but it sounds good!

Rodial Glamtox Night // I'm pleased to have gotten the night version as my skin is really dry at the moment. The formula is described as super-hydrating and plumps fine lines. It's a gel and feels extremely light on the skin and sinks in immediately. Excited to see how I get on with this although it's £90 so I wont even be thinking of buying the full size. If you do the maths, this 15ml sample tube is worth £45 which is crazy to get in a box.

Premae Anatomy Nurtients Instant Renewal Body Oil // I've loved using body oils recently so this is a welcome addition to my cupboards.  I really like that it comes in a spray bottle as I find I use less product and it sinks in better. It hasn't got much of a scent so a good one if you're using another bath product that is strongly fragrant. It also sinks in really quickly.

Vasanti Detox Nutrient-Rich Purifying Facial Cleanser // This is probably the only product from the box that I wont be using. It smells like it has perfume/fragrance in it and that usually irritates my skin, especially with how sensitive it is at the moment.

Benefit POREfessional Primer // I've already tried this primer before and still have a couple of mini tubes from magazines so pleased to have another tube. This primer is great at minimizing the look of pores and it really does help make-up to last longer.

Itsu Miso Soup // I'm pretty happy to have this sachet of miso soup and that it's actually suitable for vegetarians. The only thing is, it doesn't say how much water you need to add so going to have to do a bit of google-ing.

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. Have they reduced the price of the box to accommodate these changes, because if not this post has sealed the deal that i'll never buy a Birchbox subscription, the products look tiny and the fact that they've scrapped the drawstring bag is a bit rubbish I think! x

    Jade
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Birchbox would ship to Canada. It looks like they offer some pretty nice things and they're definitely one of the better beauty boxes out there. Such a shame that I won't be able to get my hands on one.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts