Double Shampoo

double shampoo rottenotter rotten otter blog I double cleanse my face on a regular basis without really thinking about it. How had I never thought about double shampoo? We cleanse our face first to get rid of make-up or dirt and then a second to cleanse our skin so why not a first shampoo to get rid of product build up, dirt and grease and then a second to cleanse the scalp? For the past month or so I've been double shampooing each time I wash my hair and it's really made a difference to how my hair and scalp feel.

First off the hair by my scalp feels lighter once dried. I always thought my hair was clean after washing before, who wouldn't?, but it's never felt this clean and fresh before. Double shampooing hasn't dried my scalp out which I thought it could have especially as I have eczema on my scalp. In fact it's been the opposite. Double shampooing seems to have made my eczema even better!

For the first shampoo I just grab any shampoo from my cupboard but I always follow up with the Philip Kingsley Itchy/Flaky Scalp Shampoo to help with my eczema.

Another bonus is my hair stays cleaner for even longer. I've probably been hiding under a rock somewhere while everyone else has been double shampooing for years but it's new to me and working so I'm going to carry on.

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. I've only recently found out about this, too! I tried it last night for the first time, so I'm going to see if my hair stays cleaner for longer. I have no choice but to wash it daily (I've even tried getting it into a new routine, but it was not having any of it!), so I'll see if this extra step changes things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started to get an itchy and flaky scalp recently and nothing seems to be improving it. I never even knew Philip Kingsley did a shampoo specific to this problem. I will now be adding this to my list of products to buy soon. :)
    I have been double shampooing for a few years now and you are right, you can really feel the difference to your hair afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing this for ages and my parents really don't understand why- will get them to read this post and potentially convert haha, the only downside is how ridiculously quickly I now get through shampoo. Oops. xxx

    StudentBeauty- Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always double shampoo! just makes sense, especially if you use a lot of product :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, I'd worry this would make my hair more greasy but if it keeps it cleaner for longer then I'll definitely be giving it a try! I've recently been recommended the Philip Kingsley shampoos, can't wait to give them a go :) x

    thunderl0ve

    ReplyDelete
  6. I double shampoo al the time. I find it leaves my hair feeling much cleaner and much lighter. It's also much more fresh and i find that conditioner works better on top of super clean hair too :')

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always double shampooed, never thought not too. My hair feels squeaky clean when I double cleanse :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts