Christmas Gift Ideas // Beauty Selection Boxes & Perfume

Over the past couple of weeks I've loved watching and reading everyone's Christmas gift guides. A few favourites are Anna's, Lily's, Fleurs, Jenny's and Rebecca's. I don't feel like I could top theirs nor do I want to repeat products already featured. Instead I'm just going to share some of the gifts I'm giving this year.

For a couple of friends I've created beauty selection boxes with a couple of my favourite products that I think they'd like. With this you are able to set a budget which can be as low or high as you want. This can easily be done as part of secret santa which is what I did last year for work. I also made good use of Boots 3 for 2 offer! You can see how I've decorated the front of old Birchboxes here using some washi tape. I filled the boxes with packaging from an Origins order which I saved as I knew I'd use it at some point.
gift ideas rottenotter rotten otter blog 3 gift ideas rottenotter rotten otter blog 2 gift ideas rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
Anyone else still thinking what to put on their Christmas wish lists? I know I've only just finished mine despite it being December. One thing that's always on my wish lists, whether it's Christmas or Birthdays, is perfume. This year it's Escentric Molecule 01 which has been on my list of perfumes to try/buy ever since it was first raved about.

I thought I'd share some of my old favourites, recent buys and new-ish releases. It also gave me a good excuse to get the fairy lights and tinsel out of the cupboard early before we've even bought our tree. We always buy ours later than everyone else it seems but we're getting it and decorating it tomorrow.
gift ideas rottenotter rotten otter blog 4
Thierry Mugler Alien // A rich floral woody amber containing jasmine sambac, wood and white amber. 

Taylor Swift Taylor // I'm not a huge fan of the bottle of this perfume, I much prefer the look of her two other perfumes but if the scent is nice then I can look past the design. The fragrance begins with a burst of fresh fruits and flowers, blending luscious lychee and sparkling tangerine with a whisper of magnolia petals. Evoking a sense of femininity, the middle is a blushing bouquet of some of Taylor’s favourite flowers – peonies, hydrangeas and vanilla orchids. Anchoring the base is creamy sandalwood, warmed by an inviting mixture of apricot nectar, cashmere musk and a blend of woods.

Marc Jacobs Honey // Honey opens with a memorable melody of juicy mandarin and pear which is later followed by a passionate heart of white florals, orange blossom and of course, honeysuckle. The added extras of peach, apricot and golden vanilla, create a blissful scent which bathes the skin in a sense of warmth and appreciation.
gift ideas rottenotter rotten otter blog 5
Thierry Mugler Angel // I love the magnetic lid to this perfume and that the bottle is refillable. A perfume that I think the majority of people love! Described as an oriental vanilla fragrance, Angel is a mix which includes top notes of Melon, Coconut and Mandarin Orange, middle notes of Honey, Blackberry, Orchid, Peach and Rose and base notes of Tonka Bean, Amber, Patchouli, Musk, Vanilla, Dark Chocolate and Caramel

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir // On a Christmas note the pink packaging reminds me of the glass baubles we have. If you've wanted to try this fragrance along with the original Viva La Juicy then you can buy a rollerball which is just under £10 to see if you like them which is what I did before buying this one. Sensual and arresting, Viva la Juicy Noir is a succulent blend of ripe berry notes, sultry amber and bright gourmand accents that explore the seductive side of the classic Viva la Juicy fragrance.

Elie Saab La Parfum // Available from Feel Unique is a gift set containing a 50ml and 10ml bottle for the same price as the 50ml on it's own and it comes in a beautiful box. The top note opens on a sun-kissed, radiant orange blossom, as an ode to light. The middle note develops into a jasmine absolute, a legendary flower in perfumery, imparting voluptuousness and elegance to the fragrance. It combines with a pure, modern patchouli heart. The base note unfolds into a cedar woody accord adding character and a lingering trail, while the honey rose envelops the composition in a beautifully addictive notegift ideas rottenotter rotten otter blog 6

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. This "beauty box" idea is really good, this was helpful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the boxes, I may have to make some as well! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of Marc Jacobs perfume at the moment - Honey and Lola my faves! Love the beauty box idea - might steal this for my secret Santa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In what capacity would I be able to start with this? It's amazing,I loved it since I've first inhaled it.Alien Thierry Mugler for Women is one of my most loved perfumes..essentially my mark scent! I generally get complimented when I'm wearing Alien and it keeps going throughout the day/night!Thank you for your lovely ideas.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
    Choosing a Baby Gift Baskets

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts