Empties: November 2013

november 2013 empties products I have finished used up rottenotter rotten otter blog 2
Bioderma Micellar Solution - Another bottle of Bioderma finished! Oh how I love this stuff. It takes off make-up easily and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, I can't ask for anything else. I've tried quite a lot of Micellar waters recently and I still haven't found a better one than this. I'm fully stocked with a couple of Bioderma back ups so no need to buy a bottle at the moment.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub - I've been through so many of these I've lost count! The smell reminds me of coke with lime and is a dream to use along with the shower gel and body butter. It's a great body scrub as well and leaves your skin feeling moisturised. I already have another one to use so no need to repurchase just yet but I always do.

Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water I really did not enjoy using this micellar water as I think the rose in it irritated my skin and I got little patches of eczema around my eyes from it. I didn't really connect the eczema with this until I was nearly finished with the bottle which was annoying as I could have prevented it. Although this removes make-up well I wont be buying another bottle.

Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel - I'd ran out of hand soap for in the bathroom and had this lying around so decided to give it a try. Since it's a giant bottle and I only used about half a pump when washing my hands it lasted such a long time so really worth the price. It's a very moisturising shower gel so it felt lovely on my hands especially as they're quite dry at the moment. I will definitely be buying another bottle and using it as a hand soap.

Korres Guava Shower Gel - Oh how I love this shower gel! It has such an amazing scent which reminds me of summer and going abroad on holiday. Despite it not being summer anymore I'm still using it as it's such a lovely scent for the mornings. I think this is my second mini bottle but I already have and am using the full size of it. Korres shower gels in general are a pleasure to use as they lather nicely and feel very moisturising on the skin.

Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk - I think this body milk from Soap & Glory was in last years Boots Star Gift. I loved the smoothie scent when I first started using it but after a while I got stick of it and the bottle is huge! As far as the actual product went, it was ok but nothing amazing and I wouldn't buy it again.

Lush Twilight Shower Gel - I discovered my hidden stash of Lush shower gels from last Christmas while tidying my room the other month and have been using them a lot. Especially the Twilight shower gel which is a perfect scent for this time of year. It's a mix of lavender and malt and is very relaxing for in the evenings. I have two more bottles to use before I'm completely out and have to wait till Lush brings it back, which they really need to do!
november 2013 empties products I have finished used up rottenotter rotten otter blog 1

balance Me Hydrating Rose Otto & Shea Butter SalveI loved the rose scent of this lip balm and it was nice for during the day as it has quite a glossy finish. It wasn't moisturising enough for my very dry lips though and because of the thin formula, it didn't last too long on the lips. I wouldn't buy another one of these.

Nubar Almond Cuticle Care Oil - The scent of this cuticle oil is amazing! It smells like marzipan which I love although there is a variety of scents to choose from if you don't like it. This oil comes with a brush and a pipette but I found the pipette a lot easier to use. It meant I could apply the oil to my nails even if the polish hadn't dried completely which I wouldn't have been able to do with the brush. I have a couple of other oils to use before buying a new one but I'll be buying another bottle of this and maybe trying a different scent.

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel I absolutely fell in love with this body gel as I hate applying moisturiser and most of the time it irritates my eczema. This sunk in immediately without the heavy feeling body butters leave behind but was still moisturising. The scent was also really nice and refreshing and I used it after a bath with the Revive Bath & Shower Oil. Although I did really love this body gel I'm having a hard time even thinking of spending £30 on a body moisturiser.

All For Eve Eve's Balm - I liked the scent of this but the actually balm wasn't that impressive. It made my dry patches disappear but it took forever to sink in even if I applied a tiny amount. I much prefer the Liz Earle Super Balm to this.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume - Oh how sad I am to see this is empty! Daisy is one of my favourite perfumes and this is my second bottle I've finished and I'm still not fed up with it. I'll definitely be buying another at some point although I do want to try one of the variations of it as well.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - Despite saying earlier that body moisturisers usually irritate my eczema and make it worse, this is one of the exceptions! It doesn't have a scent or any fragrance in it and it sinks in immediately leaving my skin feeling incredibly soft and dry patches are gone. The only downside to this is how quickly I went through the tube but if it works and my eczema is reduced then I don't mind paying a bit more. I will be buying the largest size possible straight away!

Space NK Laughter Perfume - Top notes of bergamot, grapefruit and lime are invigorated by the tonic effect of juniper berry, angelica root and verbena with refreshing aromatic notes of rosemary, fennel and coriander. The sensual, woody base of patchouli, amber and musk is enlivened by a sweet, spicy bite of ginger. If this perfume wasn't included in a Latest In Beauty fragrance box I never would have thought to try it but I really liked it. It's a unique fragrance in my collection and one that reminds me of the perfumes my mum wears. This is an autumn/winter scent for me and I can see myself buying a full size bottle in the future.

Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara - I only used this mascara once and hated it immediately. The wand is huge and the bristles on the brush are really spaced out so it didn't coat my lashes very well. Instead it clumped them together and just looked a mess. I definitely will not be buying this again.

Nubar Diamont Top Coat - Again this is another favourite of mine. It did get slightly gloopy towards the end, nowhere near as bad as Seche Vite, and I hate to decant the very last bit of it as the brush doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle. Despite those two points, it dries incredibly quickly and makes your polish look like gel. I always get people asking where I had my nails done when I use this despite using normal nail polish and painting them myself. I have a lot of top coats to get through before I can buy another bottle of this but I will be.

Taaj Hand Cream - I liked this hand cream when I first started using it but after a couple of weeks I started to find tiny particles of what felt like plastic in the cream which I didn't like and felt like it was scratching my skin. I put up with it a couple of times but it was getting worse so I stopped using it. Needless to say I won't be buying another one of these!


Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. Loved reading this and I agree, I also haven't find anything better than Bioderma :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love SpaceNK laughter & have worn it on & off for a number of years. Its such an unusual scent. People always aske me what perfume I'm wearing when I use it. I adore it so much
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for review! I wanna try the Diamond top coat from Nubar. And Bioderma water is the best for sensitive skin, I love it :)

    http://anesagill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I have had the same problem you had with the Taaj hand cream when I used the Nuxe lip balm. Although it's a great lip balm, I started noticing small bits of it forming, like sugar grains. Has this happened to you as well?

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I've noticed that in the Nuxe lip balm and I put it down to the oils going a bit hard as they seem to disappear when I apply it to my lips : )xx

      Delete
  5. I have a Soap & Glory Clean on Me in my shower now and it's so big, I feel like I'm NEVER going to get through it as much as I love it haha. I really want their Sugar Crush scrub too, it smells so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts