Skin Care Diary: September 2013

Through out each month I'll be keeping a skin care diary and jotting down what I use on an every day basis. At the end of the month I'll tally up what has been used the most and share the products with you. 
september-2013-skin-favourites-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog
This month, skin care wise, has been exhausting. I think I completely jinxed myself at the start of the month when it came to my eczema. I said to my mum that finally, after about three years, I didn't have a patch of eczema on my scalp and that the eczema on the rest of my body was actually calming down and decreasing. The next day the eczema on my scalp, face and all over my body flared up, badly. It continued to get worse through out the month as well.

It has been driving me crazy for the whole month and despite a crazy amount of products aimed at calming eczema, nothing was helping. I had flaky dry patches all over my face which were irritated and red. It got to the point where I was using a face oil combined with a heavy duty moisturiser on an every day basis which still wasn't enough.

My hair also seemed to really annoy and irritate my skin this month. I couldn't work out if it was the products I was using or if it was simply down to my hair just touching and brushing against my skin, that is how sensitive it is at the moment. I've had to strip everything down to the basics to try and control it. This means no hair products, only an oil, no nail polish, baths without products and not a lot of perfume in the hopes that I can work out what is causing it.

Here's to hoping my skin calm downs next month! Anyway, after my much needed rant, here's a run down on the products I've used the most.

Bioderma Micellar Solution // balance Me Wonder Eye Cream // La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water // Caudalie Lip Conditioner // Nude Pro Genius Oil // balance Me Hydrating Face Mist // Mario Badescu Control Cream // Origins Mega Mushroom Cream // RMK Rose Cleansing Balm // Origins Mega Mushroom Serum // Weleda Calendula Cream. 

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. Hope your skin calms down! Mine does the same "mum, my skin's really happy at the minute", next day massive flare up! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. I have psorasis on my scalp and the minute I think it's cleared up I'll wake up with horrid patches all over my neck, scalp and ears. It's so disheartening. I often up up exercise routine (boring I know but it seems to help) and force myself to drink a lot more water and it always help x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how badly I want to try Bioderma!
    Jennifer
    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts