Empties: September 2013

september-2013-empties-products-i-have-used-up-finished-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog
Avene Micellar Lotion - After taking part in the Esecntual Micellar Blind Trial I bought a couple of the micellar waters so I could try them out a bit more. I was only able to try them once or twice in the trial because of the sample size. I enjoyed using this one from Avene and it worked well at taking off my day to day eye make-up but it struggled to take off eye liner. I won't be buying another bottle as it doesn't beat Bioderma.

L'Oreal Micelar Water - This micellar water takes second place for me out of all the different ones I've tried. It's the best match I've found so far to Bioderma and for a fraction of the price. It doesn't have a scent, takes off every scrap of make-up and doesn't irritate my eyes. I will be buying another bottle at some point but I have others I need to finish first. A must try if you haven't already done so.

Pommade Divine Hand Cream - I featured this in my disappointing products post and I'm so glad I've finally finished it. It's a nice hand cream but didn't wow me. I also really hate the smell. I took it to work with me and just left it in my drawer and made myself use it. I don't like throwing away half empty products so I'm glad I was able to use it up. I definitely will not be buying another tube.

Weleda Wild Rose Body Wash* - I've been putting of using this shower gel as it's just so lovely! I hate applying moisturiser to my body so I tend to use moisturising bath products and this one is just that. It doesn't leave a greasy film on the skin, it actually washes away really nicely, it just leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. It also has an amazing natural rose scent which I find really relaxing. I really need to buy another bottle!

REN Tonic Moisture Mist - I can't really make up my mind if I want to buy another bottle of this toner. I really loved using it and raved about it in my review but since finishing it, I haven't really missed it. I think I'm sort of going off toners at the moment, not really liking any that I'm currently using. Perhaps I just need to buy another bottle of this? It doesn't contain alcohol and has the Caroline Hirons stamp of approval.

Lush Dream Wash - This is a must have if you suffer with eczema. It goes perfectly with Dream Cream and really helps to soothe irritated skin. It's a really thick cream which you use just like a shower gel or soap. If my eczema has flared up really bad I apply some of this onto dry skin, sort of like a mud mask and then just let it rinse off on it's own when I get in the bath. I'll be picking up another tub when I'm next in town as I can't be without it.

The Body Shop Grapefruit Lip Butter - This is an old favourite! Smells amazing and is a great lip balm. I'd buy another one if I didn't already have a million others to use first.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir - I thought I loved this and bought the 100ml bottle but I just can't ignore the alcohol in it which isn't good for my dry and sensitive skin. The 100ml bottle also seems to be a lot stronger which I'm not really sure how or why. It's nice to use when my skin is acting up with spots but I don't think I'll be buying another bottle.

YSL Parisienne Perfume - This is my second bottle of this perfume and I can't believe it's empty. I really love the scent of it and I'm sure I'll be buying another bottle at some point. It also lasts really especially if you spray a bit onto your clothes.

Essie So Haute! Nail Stickers - I wouldn't have chosen this pattern or colour myself but once I applied it, I really like it. Application was easy, despite having small nails I easily found perfect matches and removal was simple. I'd definitely look into other patterns but I'm not too sure on the price.

L'Occitane Cocoa Flower Hand Cream - Although I really like the formula of L'Occitane hand creams, I haven't found a scent I like yet. I especially didn't like this one. I have a couple more tubes from various magazines to use but I wouldn't buy the full size.

L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara - I think I bought this when it was on offer and I'm not really sure why. Instead of a wand it's a ball with spikes which sort of makes it impossible to apply. I ended up using it on my bottom lashes which worked but by the end of the day I'd have panda eyes which doesn't normally happen. I won't be buying another!

Rimmel Lash Maxx Mascara - I quite liked this mascara, from what I can remember it gave quite natural looking lashes but still gave volume and length. It's usually on offer in Asda so I'm sure I'll buy another tube at some point.


Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. I'm so gutted that I can't ever try Dreamwash, as it sounds amazingly good for eczema, because I'm allergic to rose, boo! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good for eczema but a shame you're allergic to rose! Rose is in a lot of products so must be hard to find ones you can use! :) xx

      Delete
    2. It's so gutting - I read so many reviews raving about all of these lovely products and then I check the ingredients and cry just a little bit inside, haha x

      Delete
  2. You put me to shame with all your empties Katy! I hardly ever finish anything!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dreamwash and Weleda's Creamy Body Washes! They work so well for my dry skin :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try YSL Parisienne Perfume. Everyone seems to like it :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It should be very new.
    Im gonna buy some of them.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts