Beauty Box: Birchbox October 2013

birchbox monthly beauty subscription october rottenotter rotten otter blog
KMS California Curl Up Wave Foam // UltraDEX Wire Free Interdental Brushes // Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in Nude // The Balm Stainiac Lip And Cheek Stain // Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm For Lips // Akane Mask Cocoon Nocturne // Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream. 

This months Birchbox is a bit of a mixed one for me. There's a couple of let downs, mainly the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser which despite being the second lightest shade, it's still way too orange for me. Another disappointing product is the Dr Lipp lip balm which I've already tried and wasn't a fan of. Since I haven't opened these two I'm going to put them in my giveaway box as I know someone else would like them. Also the tooth brushes, sure I'll use them but in a beauty box? I would have preferred a perfume sample.

The lip and cheek stain from The Balm is a bit of a ok product as it's exactly the same as Benefit's Benetint which I already have. Would have been great otherwise but I do like that it's a gel formula which is a lot easier to apply on the lips.

Onto the better products and the one I was most excited to see was three sachets of the Egyptian Magic moisturiser. Thanks Birchbox for including more than one sachet so we can actually try it out properly! I'm intrigued by the face mask as it's a hydrating one you leave on over night, could it be similar to the Origins version? I'm also excited to see how the wave foam mousse from KMS works as I have curly/wavy hair.

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin' // Instagram

Comments

  1. I can actually start this comment by saying 'Im waiting for my box' Yes I caved and subscribed! I think I am getting similar products to you. Hopefully I wont be dissapointed

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting to see Laura Mercier in there but such a shame it's not gonna be the right shade for a lot of people - I've never understood why beauty boxes include foundations for that reason. The rest looks great though!

    Katie | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That The Balm Stain looks like it has a pretty colour :)

    xoxo

    Style and Paper

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts