Project Use Everything Up

micellar water Last night while on twitter I announced that I was going to go on a spending ban of sorts. I'm not going to stop myself from buying things completely as I know that just will not work. Anyone remember the 100 day spending ban I did at the start of the year? yeah, that didn't go so well.

Instead I'm doing a Project Use Everything Up in which I will only buy a product if I have completely used up all the back ups/variations. For example once I don't have any micellar water left, then I can buy a new bottle and the same with cleansers etc. This was all spurred on by finding a couple of products that have gone off and are no longer usable. I hate to think I've wasted my money by letting a product just sit in my stash not being used and eventually turning bad.

I probably wont be updating too much on this little project of mine as I already do monthly empties posts but I'm sure I'll mention it again at some point.

Anyone else on a spending ban or a use up project?

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. I think it's a wicked idea.

    This is the rule I pretty much live by - if I already have a cleanser/toner/moisturiser/etc. then I can't buy another one until that current one is used up. I can't abide by waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Katy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's kind of what I'm trying to do - except I can't buy blush until I'm 80. whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great way to use things up! Maybe I should give this a go as well as my p10p! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently started doing this too! Tough but it works! x


    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly what I end to do! I'm going to try and not make too big a thing of it or I'll fail, like with the 100 day spending ban! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts