Project Sample Use Up 009

project-sample-use-up-empties-009-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog
Clinqiue High Lengths Mascara - This was another one from the set and the only I'd already tried before. It has a really unusual plastic wand which you can see in my post about the set. I really loved it when it came out and I had the full size but I really didn't get on with this sample. First of all the formula was really wet and clumpy which I didn't remember the other one being like that. I left it for a bit in the hopes it would dry up slightly which did sort of help. I think the reason I didn't get on with it is because the handle is too near the wand since it's a mini version. I found this Benefit Bad Gal as well.

YSL Faux Cils Shocking Mascara - This has to be one of my favourite mascaras of all time. It just made my lashes look amazing without clumping. I've heard this dries up pretty quickly but luckily I didn't notice it with this little sample. I will be buying the full size at some point.

Noble Isle Willow Song Shower Gel - Although I liked the scent of this shower gel enough to use and enjoy using it, I didn't love it. I've tried other scents from the brand that I liked better so I wouldn't buy the full size.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - I've used Cetaphil cleanser in the past and wasn't really a fan so I actually used this as a hand soap. Although I've read that this has worked wonders for others, for me it feels like I'd get the same results if I just used water to wash my face. Needless to say, I wouldn't buy the full size again.

Oilatum Junior Bath Additive - The perks of working alongside Dermatologists means I get to try some samples. I suffer from eczema and have done since I was a little - it seems to run in our family. When I was little my parents used this sort of product, different brand, every time I had a bath as it really helped to soothe my skin. I haven't used this since but it's been nice to try it again. Does it help still? I can't really tell after only one use but it certainly felt nice on my skin. Once the oil hits the water it emulsifies and turns the water milky leaving it very moisturising. Although this is aimed at kids, you can still use it whatever age. I have a couple of other brands to try but I think I might buy a bottle of this just to keep handy for when my eczema is very bad especially since it's going to be winter soon.

Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm - I was amazed to see a sample of this on the Latest In Beauty site and added it to my order straight away. It's been on my to try list for such a long time! I got about four uses out of this 5ml pot with the help of a tiny spatula from another cleansing balm. It's actually a grey colour which was something to get used to when applying it but it made my skin feel amazing. Once I've finished the RMK Cleansing Balm I'll be buying the full size of this. I also have a cute tiny glass jar so I can depot other balms into it for travelling.

Seche Vite Top Coat - Although probably not very cost effective, I much prefer these mini bottles of Seche Vite as I was able to use it up quick enough that the polish didn't start to dry out. Although not my favourite top coat for longevity, it is the quickest drying which is more important for me as I tend to paint my nails before going to sleep. I do want to use up some more top coats but I know I'll order another bottle at some point.

Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Shower Gel - Again this was another one I liked the scent of enough to use but didn't love it. I'm not a huge fan of ylang-ylang. 

Nougat Tuberose & Jasmine Hand Cream - This was a nice moisturising hand cream and the perfect size to keep in my hand bag. If you apply too much it does leave a greasy feeling on your hands so I wont be buying the full size.

Liz Earle Botanical Essence No.1 Perfume x2 - Oh how I've missed having this perfume in my life! I've had the full size before but for some reason never bought another bottle when it ran out. It's not a scent I'd normally go for but for some reason I find it really soothing and relaxing. Italian bergamot, high-altitude lavender from France, Damask rose from Turkey and spicy patchouli from Indonesia. I'm going to have to treat myself to another bottle!

Valentino Valentina Perfume - I quite liked this scent, perhaps a bit too floral though so I wouldn't buy the full size.

Narciso Rodriguez For Her Perfume - This is one of the perfumes I've wanted to try for such a long time but I can never find it in the shops. When I first sprayed it, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not but it's definitely grown on me. I think I've have to try and get another sample of it to see if I wanted to buy the full size. The notes are rose, peach, amber, musk, patchouli and sandalwood.

Origins Dr Andrew Weil Mega-Bright Serum - I just love how much product you get in sachets from Origins. I tend to decant them into mini sample jars which means I can get a lot of uses out of it and the product doesn't dry up. Like all Origins products, this one smells amazing. It kind of reminds me of lemon sherbet! It does leave the skin feeling slightly tacky so not one that I'd use in the mornings. It leaves the skin feeling very soft though. I haven't been able to use it long enough to notice any major changes in the appearance of my skin.

Origins GinZing Eye Cream x2 - Despite being a huge fan of Origins, it's taken me a while to try this hyped up product. I'm not a huge fan of eye creams as I tend to get those bumps under my eyes if I'm not using the right cream. I don't really suffer from dark circles so this eye cream isn't really suited to me, perhaps why it's taken me so long to try it. Instead I suffer from puffy eyes so the No Puffery roll on would be better for me. I did enjoy using GinZing though and there was a lot of product in these two sachets.

Thierry Mugler Alien Perfume - Another perfume I need to buy the full size of!


Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. I liked this post informative and not trying to sell people loads of different products because youve given honest reviews on them :)

    following you, would you to follow back :)

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked this post! i have so many samples and minis laying around that just clutter up all the free space so i definitely need to dedicate myself to using them all up! alien is my holy grail perfume and i both the origins products too :) xx

    Katie-Louise | foreverwaiting.co.uk 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so much about Faux-Cils and I definitely need to get my hands on a sample! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your blog for the last six months and I really love your impartial advice. It's just what a novice like me really needs! Today I have been inspired to start my own blog, although I'm still learning I would really love it if some of you guys could give it a read sometime and pass on any advice you can!

    http://culturedivide.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew Seche Vite did minis like that, will have to pick one up for my weekend bag :)

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Evelyn I had no idea Seche Vite did minis, fab. I can't help but love minis, they are so cute :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts