NOTD: Essie Hip-Anema

notd-essie-hip-anema-red-creme-nail-polish-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog
Supplies used... 
CND Stickey Base Coat
Essie Hip-Anema // two coats
Nubar Diamont Top Coat

For some unknown reason, I have become a fan of red nail polish. Orange toned reds to be exact. I've never been a fan of red nail polish and it's the colour I have the least amount of polishes of. I think it's to do with how pale my skin tone is, it just makes the red stand out too much. With this new found red nail polish love, I'm sort of wanting to buy Chanel Holiday that everyone raves about.

While looking through my polishes, the only polish that stuck out was this one from Essie. It's another Fragrance Direct bargain but unfortunately isn't available for £1.99 anymore. This polish has an amazing formula. If you're careful with application you can get away with one coat but I always prefer to apply two as I find it lasts better.


Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. This looks gorgeous on you, Katy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a big fan of orange toned reds and love how Hip-Anema looks on my nails. Especially in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I love red nail polish, it really is a timeless classic and looks good with pretty much every outfit. My favourite is still Butter London's Come To Bed Red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this, and I wore it and was like whooaaa nope, still not a red nail polish fan. I even tried it on my toes, but I think I'm just not used to it, it's so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love red nails in pretty much any shade; this one is especially gorgeous! I have essie ole caliente ( a bright red orange) and head mistress (a truer blue toned red) and both are lovely.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am exactly the same as you! I always felt red was too normal and so avoided it, but lately have become a fan of orange toned reds. Essie Fifth Avenue is my favourite and I think this one is very similar, but I still wish I had bought it off Fragrance Direct when it was there xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this colour as a pedicure colour, it's perfect :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts