Desk Necessities

Desk-beauty-drawer-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog 1
Inspired by Anna's recent blog post on her beauty essentials for her desk, I thought I'd share my own. After a day of sitting at my desk, whether it's writing blog posts or catching up on TV, I always seem to accumulate a bunch of beauty products. To help keep my desk a bit less cluttered I pulled out an old acrylic drawer set from Muji which I used to use for bits of my make-up.

For lips I have the Advanced Therapy Lip Balm from Fresh, a more hydrating version of the original with a nice citrus scent. Weleda Skin Food is a multi purpose cream that I use when my skin is extremely dry, either on my face or body. I've decanted some into a mini tub as you only need a tiny amount and the full size is sitting in my bedside table. The Balance Me Radiance Face Oil is in here because of Fee as she raved about using this as a spot treatment. I decided to give it a try and it works really well, it helps to soothe spots without drying the skin out, instead it adds moisture. Although the This Works Deep Sleep Stress Less roller ball is meant to be used before bed, I like to use it during the day as well just for relaxation. If I'm feeling stressed, a little bit of this on pulse points really helps. To keep my nails and cuticles in perfect condition I've included the OPI Avoplex Cuticle Oil To Go. The really handy brush means no mess and it smells really fresh, sort of like cucumbers.

Since taking this photo, the Caudalie Hand & Nail Cream has worked its way into my hand bag as it's such a lovely cream. It sinks in immediately and smells amazing and I couldn't not use it everyday especially while I'm at work. Instead I'm now using a L'Occitane Hand Cream while I'm at my desk. It doesn't look as pretty in the drawer or match the unintentional colour scheme but it works just the same.

I also like to put a few products in here that I'm trying to finish like the Next New York perfume. I still really like the scent but it doesn't last long enough to wear to work. Instead I'm able to use it as a top up perfume over the weekend.

I'm still yet to fill the bottom drawer but I'm sure products will start to creep in there over the next week or so. Do you have a beauty drawer for your desk? What are your necessities and what am I missing?


Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this post! That lip balm sounds right up my street, need something hydrating especially overnight x

    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts