The Skin Care Tag

the skin care tag rottenotter rotten otter blog Describe your skincare routine in 5 words:
Simple, gentle, hydrating, calming and rotation.

What's your skin type?
Definitely combination - my skin is sensitive and eczema prone, can be dry or oily and I easily get spots. It's a nightmare!

What's your favourite skincare product?
Mario Badescu Control Cream, I can't seem to rave about it enough. After months and months of having two horrible patches of eczema on my face this cream treated it in a couple of days. It's the one product I know I'll be repurchasing for the rest of my life or until they stop selling it. which they sort of seem like they're doing now ...

Top blemish zapper?
Liz Earle Spot On but I've just learnt it's been discontinued which I can't believe. Luckily I have a lot of it left which should last long enough for them to bring out the reformulated version. It just works so well, even better than the Origins Super Spot Remover which I was a little disappointed with.

Face wipes yay or nay?
I don't use face wipes and never really have. I've always just used a cleanser to remove make-up and cleanse my face and more recently a micellar water.

Toner yay or nay?
Definitely yay for this one. Although I've only started using it on an every day basis over the past few years it's become one of my favourite steps. At the moment I'm using the Ren Hydrating Mist and Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I haven't tried an exfoliating toner yet though as I'm a bit scared to as my skin is so sensitive.

High end skincare or high end make up?
High end skin care. I like to focus, and spend my money, on skin care so I can get my skin to look it's best and then I don't feel the need to wear much make-up.

What's the most unusual skincare product you've tried?
I don't think I've tried any unusual skin care products! I did have a couple of sachets of Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum but I was too scared to try it so gave them away.

You're in a French pharmacy and can only pick one item - what is it?
French pharmacy brands are more readily available now so I've tried quite a few of the products I had on my wish list. I'd probably go with the La Roche-Posay Serozinc that everyone's been raving about or failing that I'd probably just buy another bottle of Bioderma. Can't have too many back ups!

Tell us your top skincare tip?
Drink a lot of water and eat a healthy diet. I can always notice it in my skin if I haven't drank enough water or eaten rubbish food that week and vice versa.

Tagged:
Rebecca From Roses
Estée Essie Button
Annabel Fragmented Splendour
Sophie The Private Life Of A Girl

And anyone else who wants to do it, leave your posts in the comments so I can read them.


Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. Ooh this is a great tag! I completely agree on the water front, I can always tell in my skin if I've not been drinking enough!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to pick up Serozinc when I'm in Paris in a couple of weeks. So excited to see if it lives up to the hype! Great post.

    Katie x and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have wanted to pick up the Boghese Fango mask for ages! nice post :)

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay thank you for tagging me! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that Mario cream ! I must find it ! And the advanced night repair sounds fantastic !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is a fun tag, I might have to do it myself. I have definitely developed a love for skincare over the last year :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems like a good tag! I'll have to do it myself. :)
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading about skin care routines; I've currently been paying a lot more attention to my skin care and these types of posts are always interesting to read!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts