The Last Of The Monthly Favourites

august-2013-monthly-favourites-rottenotter-rotten-otter-blog As you can probably tell from the title of this blog post, I've decided to stop writing monthly favourite posts. For the past few months I've found it harder and harder to pick out favourites to feature. It's not that I haven't been buying new products or falling in love with others, I just seem to be using old favourites that I've already mentioned a lot whether it's in favourite posts or others. I also don't want to start including products that I don't 100% love just so the posts look a bit better. Instead I'd prefer to just start writing current favourites whenever I feel like it and not be tied down to just posting at the end of every month.

I'm also putting myself on a spending ban so I'll be using older products even more so and don't want posts to start getting repetitive.

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 - This month I've been looking for an alternative to Mario Badescu Control Cream to soothe the eczema on my face. I was google-ing recommendations when Jessica's post came up, I read through all of the comments and by the end of it I had a list of about 20 new products to try. One of them was this cream from La Roche-Posay which I actually already had in my stash. I originally bought this for the eczema on my legs and arms but it didn't work well so it was put to the back of the drawer. I decided to test it out on my face anyway as I had nothing to loose and it really impressed me. It soothed the eczema and made the dry patches of skin disappear, very similar to how the Mario Badescu worked. So for now, while I wait to see if they're going to bring Control Cream back, this is a great alternative.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy & Vivia La Juicy Noir - I got a sample of Viva La Juicy Noir in last months Glossybox and fell in love with it. I was going to buy the full size but I saw this duo rollerball on theperfumeshop.com and ordered it straight away. I'm still planning on buying the full size of Noir but for now this is perfect for just throwing in my bag.

Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm - Finally, I was able to try out the infamous Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm! A mini tub was available from Latest In Beauty so I added it to the order I was already making. It's just as good as everyone says it is and once I finish a few other cleansers I'll be buying the full size. It's also going to be perfect for the winter when my skin is dryer. At the moment I don't use it every night as overall my skin isn't too dry at the moment. I also love the scent and find the whole process of applying it and taking it off really relaxing.

Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins - I tried a sample of this at the start of the month and fell in love with it. I was then making a Origins order for a couple of other products and saw this for free if you spend over a certain amount so I did. I just love the orange scent and how it makes my skin feel. It quite a thick moisturiser but doesn't feel heavy on the skin. Again I don't use it every night but another one that will be perfect for the winter.

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. I really want to try the Emma Hardie cleanser and Origins moisturiser x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, will look forward to the current favourites posts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try Night A Mins!
    I've always struggled with the idea of a monthly favourites post, too - I'm quite loyal to a lot of products so I'm always impressed when people don't repeat the same things month in, month out haha.

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts