Project Sample Use Up 006

project sample use up 005 rottenotter rotten otter blog 1
Escentual Micellar Water Samples A, D & F* - Sample A was the Dior Instant Cleansing Water, the most expensive out of the seven we tried. I love the scent of this one, sort of reminds me of parma violets. I liked the feel of the water, it didn't irritate my eyes but did leave them a little bit red which died down pretty quickly. It easily took off my mascara but failed to completely remove all my waterproof eye liner.

Sample D was the Avene Micellar Lotion. This only has a hint of a scent but it's a very natural scent, so subtle I can't really tell what it is. This one took ages to take my mascara off and it wasn't even waterproof. I seem to have to use a lot of product which I don't with other waters.

Sample F was Bioderma, my all time favourite micellar water and the one that was the best in the trial. It removes make-up without any effort and doesn't irritate my skin. I already have a couple of bottles to use and I will always repurchase.

Taylor Swift Enchanted Perfume - As I've already said, I prefer the second enchanted perfume by Taylor Swift but I can see myself buying another bottle of this at some point. Also this mini bottle is just too darn cute to throw away, I think I'll have to keep it.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50 - These little tubes of sun tan lotion have been so handy! It's allowed me to try out a couple of different versions to find the one I want to buy the full size of. It's light weight and sinks in pretty quickly, it does leave the skin feeling a little tacky but that goes away eventually. I bought the full size of this one but bought SPF 30 by accident but I'm going to use it my body and make it work so it's not wasted. I have another SPF 50 which I use on my face so it isn't the end of the world.

Urban Decay Primer Potion - I haven't tried that many eyeshadow primers but out of the few I have, this is my favourite and it's my second one. Despite this being a mini, it's lasted such a long time. When using it my shadow doesn't crease and lasts longer, it creates a nice base and evens out the colour of my eyelids.  I'm currently using up a couple of my other eyeshadow primers but if I do buy this again, I'm so glad it'll be the new packaging.

Moa The Green Balm - I wasn't really a fan of this balm as it took forever to sink into my hands. I use a balm on my hands as an over night treatment and it's really been helping with my eczema. I wont be buying the full size of this and will be sticking with the Liz Earle Super Balm.

Oskia Perfect Cleansing Balm - This cleansing balm was one of the samples I picked with a Cult Beauty order and I really liked using it. I got about three uses out of the tub which was enough to know I want to buy the full size and it's been added to my to-buy list. It's got a nice fruity scent and just feels very luxurious on the skin. This would be a good one to use in the winter as it's very moisturising.

Liz Earle Super Balm* - This is my third little pot of super balm that I've finished so I think I need to buy the full size now. I mainly use this an overnight treatment on my hands and I wake up with incredibly soft skin especially around my nails and cuticles. I will be buying another jar of this but I want to try and finish up a couple of other balms before I do.

Caudalie Fleur De Vigne Shower Gel - I absolutely fell in love with this shower gel and I'm eagerly awaiting the time that I can buy the full size. I'm on a mission to use up all the products I have before buying anymore so it might take a while! It smells amazing and lathers really well.

Espa Restorative Bath Oil - These little glass vials of bath oil are slowly going down! I think I only have one or two more. I can get about four or five baths out of each one and they give off the most amazing scent as well as being very moisturising. I will be buying a full size of one of the scents once they're all finished.

Morroccan Oil - I'm quite sad to see this bottle empty as it's been the only oil I've used for the past few months and I really love it. I do have to be careful to not apply too much as it can make my hair look a bit greasy. The perfect amount thought keeps my hair at bay and times the frizz while giving it a bit of moisture. The scent is also amazing, by far my favourite! I will buy the full size at some point but I want to finish a couple more hair oils first.

Taylor Swift Enchanted Wonderstruck - I knew I was going to purchase this perfume when I heard it was being released as I love the original Wonderstruck. Luckily I got a sample of it with a Feel Unique order so I could wear it for a day before buying it. From the first spray I knew I loved it and even prefer it. The notes are peony, freesia, berries, passion fruit, pink poppy, musk, vanilla and blond woods. Despite it being a very floral scent, the musk, vanilla and woods makes the scent more me and I've already bought the full size.

REN Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk - I got about three uses out of this little sample and it was enough for me to buy the full size. The formula isn't what I'd say a milk cleanser is which I expect to me quite watery , it's more of a cream cleanser. Either way it works. It's perfect for days when my skin is more sensitive or for use in the mornings as a very gentle cleanser.

Benefit They're Real Mascara - I love this mascara but it dries up so quickly! I've been using this tiny sample for what seems like ages and not believing everyone when they said it dried up quickly when all of a sudden one day I used it and it was totally dry. I have another baby size but we'll just have to wait and see if I do buy the full size after that one is finished.

Comments

  1. The perfume sounds really nice !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing the same thing and its way easier than I thought!
    Jennifer
    Naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me that I need to use up sample sizes of products too.
    I have the sample size of the Benefit They're Real! mascara that I haven't opened yet because I've heard in the past that it dries up quick and now you're mentioning it too. :O
    xx
    Celina | The Celution

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have definitely motivated me to use up my samples! Such a lovely post xx
    Cupcakes And Cocaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a small Taylor Swift Wonderstruck perfume and I love it! I'm sad to say I've almost used it all up.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts