In A Skin Care Rut

Origins Skin Care rottenotter rotten otter blog
These past few weeks I seem to have gotten stuck in a skin care rut and not really sure how to get out of it. I think a mixture of constantly switching up products, not having a proper routine and not eating very healthily or drinking enough water is making my skin go crazy. I'm also not really happy with the moisturisers I have at the moment. I've got a couple that are good for the morning but nothing that's really working for evening. I was using Liz Earle Skin Repair but I think it might have been clogging up my skin so I've stopped using it for now.

Back in January I bought the Origins Super Spot Remover and was given a couple of samples from the Mega-Mushroom range. I fell in love with the serum and moisturiser but didn't buy the full sizes as I had other products to finish up first. Fast forward to today and I finally bought them in the hopes that they'll help to clear up my skin. I also bought the Clean Energy Cleansing Oil so I can compare it to the Una Brennan Cleansing Oil.

The Clean Energy Cleansing Oil doesn't come with a pump and although it isn't available on the Origins website, Debenhams stock them so I picked up two. I had hoped I could use the second pump for the Una Brennan cleanser but it doesn't screw on properly. I haven't had a chance to use the cleansing oil yet but so far it's beating the Una Brennan version purely because it doesn't have an added perfume. Despite all the wonderful oils it contains the scent is very subtle which I really like, it's less likely to irritate my skin.

The Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Serum and Moisturiser are both aimed at soothing sensitive skin and that it does. My skin can get quite irritated from cleansing, not from the products, just the process, so I like to counteract this with the products I apply after. Lets hope my skin and I still really like these two!

Since I'd spent over £50, which is easily done on the Origins website as everything sounds so good, I received a 30ml tub of High Potency Night-A-Mins which I've also had a sample of before and loved. As well as a 15ml tube of Make A Difference Plus+ which I already have a full size of and love, this mini tube will be great for travel. Other mini samples I received include Plantscription SPF 25 Face Cream and Eye Cream, Modern Friction scrub, Drink Up 10 Minute Mask, Mega-Bright Serum and GinZing Eye Cream.

If you're thinking of ordering from Origins do it now so you can take advantage of this offer too. I only bought three products and look how many I got free!

Follow me on Twitter // Tumblr // Pinterest  // Bloglovin'

Comments

  1. Ah, so much Origins! Very tempted by that offer.

    Katie | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love my mega mushroom serum. Seriously helped a lot of redness that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Origins is an amazing brand, I love them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the Mega Mushrooms range! I don't think I've ever tried anything from Origins that I haven't loved. The Night A Mins offer is amazing - wishing I could afford to spend enough to get that.

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts